Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,312 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mach Speed Trio Stealth Pro 9.7 stock rom

Tip us?

hammerite
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Mach Speed Trio Stealth Pro 9.7 stock rom

Hey everyone,

I have a Mach Speed Trio Stealth Pro 9.7 that was essentially bricked when it was given to me, and did a bunch of research, including disassembly, I found some info printed on the mainboard and was able to determine the Chinese manufacturer.

As it turns out Mach Speed is merely an importer. This Tablet was actually manufactured by Wintouch in China.

What is even more interesting is that instead of it having 8gb of internal memory, it actually has 16gb.

I was able to obtain the stock firmware img from Wintouch and loaded it to a microSD card using PhoenixCard 3.09.

Once I slapped it in the tablet, it ticked it's happy way into a new image. Another interesting point is that the tablet language default was Arabic, and I had to actually reset it with adb shell.

setprop persist.sys.language en; setprop persist.sys.country us

The proper firmware image is Q91A30321.img. WIFI/Bluetooth, audio, everything works! There is a later firmware Q91J30412.img but I think this is for the Stealth Pro 9.7c tablet, do not grab this one as the orientation no longer works. Another thing is that the image from Wintouch seems to be a heck of a lot better performance wise. You can get the firmware from the manufacturers site, if you cant read Chinese just open the URL in chrome and go to the download page & translate it.

I figured I'd put this up here for posterity, incase anyone else had this annoying thing.

If you have any questions, let me know!
The Following User Says Thank You to hammerite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

diddley813
Old
(Last edited by diddley813; 7th April 2014 at 11:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Hammerite, is there any way you could provide a link to the website or upload it here? I am in the same situation with a dead trio except that I have the 9.7c Any idea if this would work for it?

Went here: h t t p ://xxx.wintouch.ae/?page_id=126 but it is in Chinese. Could you upload both of the img files that you mentioned? thanx

Headroom
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Finally

To find that img file just google the name.
I sure hope you're right, because I've been looking for this firmware to fix a friend's Trio Stealth for a very long time. If this works you're a real lifesaver!
AT&T HTC One X

AT&T Tilt 2 (HTC Fortress) (Retired)
rom: 23148 2012 CFC WCX ILLUMINATI SERIES TILT 2 ARC CHT
radio: 4.49.25.91

AT&T Tilt (Retired)
rom: 3.34.721.2 WWE
radio: 1.70.19.09

Headroom
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Crap! It didn't work on my Stealth 9.7. The search continues.
AT&T HTC One X

AT&T Tilt 2 (HTC Fortress) (Retired)
rom: 23148 2012 CFC WCX ILLUMINATI SERIES TILT 2 ARC CHT
radio: 4.49.25.91

AT&T Tilt (Retired)
rom: 3.34.721.2 WWE
radio: 1.70.19.09