FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I'm having big issues with two new Droid Maxx phones. Consumer edition with BL unlock. These shipped with Android 4.4, and I unlocked the bootloader fine. Loaded TWRP 2.7 fine.

On the first phone, I had a problem immediately when trying to downgrade to 4.2.2. Per the guides I downloaded the 4.2.2 files and used mfastboot to push all but the gpt and motoboot files. fastboot flash system system.img failed at the very end with a strange error 'sp error space is not enough'
What I tried to do to fix: A) I went back through, trying to push the 4.4 files, and I find it gives that same sp error regardless of the version file. B) I tried pushing boot.img as system and it did save.

When I do the exact same steps on phone #2, they complete fine.

I suspect this is a partition/sizing issue, but flashing the gpt from 4.4 and rebooting does not fix the sp error. Can someone on this forum help me diagnose this further? Perhaps getting a partition output from phone and comparing it to the output from phone 2? I would need commands to type this in using fastboot, twrp, etc.

-

The second issue is that although TWRP 2.7 works fine,
with either phone 1 or 2, if I perform a backup of system/user/boot, and immediately do a restore of the backup it just made, the phone starts doing continuous boot loops. (?). If I restore JUST the system then it will boot correctly.

I also tried using phone #1 by restoring a backup file saved from phone #2. it gives an error after restoring boot saying restore failed for image/system. any ideas?

THANK YOU!!
Last edited by traccdma; 30th April 2014 at 05:08 AM.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread