Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,594 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Idle Battery kinda tanked?

Tip us?

busterbrown77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Idle Battery kinda tanked?

So I got my M8 on April 2nd, and I was seeing some truly spectacular battery life. Recently though, not so much.. Or maybe I am just being demanding.

I thought originally my phone dropped maybe 4% overnight, now I drops from 100 to 83 or even 78 sometimes. And in general It just doesn't seem to last long. Looking into badassbatterymonitor I see that kernel is using like 40% battery almost constantly, but I don't know how to fully diagnose from here. It just lists processes. Has anyone else had this? Am I just thinking its quicker?

I like to keep my phone pretty lean, its got only email syncing, no social media. And even that I sync every 2 hours. Brightness on auto, and I typically get 2:50 screen on time.

1ManWolfePack
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1761
Why would you post a question, including the [Q] - in General? There is a specific section called Q & A.

C'mon, dude.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

busterbrown77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Ah crap... I thought I was there. Uh, can this be moved...
The Following User Says Thank You to busterbrown77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1ManWolfePack
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerulez121 View Post
Ah crap... I thought I was there. Uh, can this be moved...
All good, brother, it happens to the best of us. Just message a mod (they're usually the people in the very top stickied threads) and PM them.

But yeah, my battery hasn't been the best in standby either. Of course, I haven't stopped messing or flashing stuff to my phone since I bought it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

javaguy110
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerulez121 View Post
So I got my M8 on April 2nd, and I was seeing some truly spectacular battery life. Recently though, not so much.. Or maybe I am just being demanding.

I thought originally my phone dropped maybe 4% overnight, now I drops from 100 to 83 or even 78 sometimes. And in general It just doesn't seem to last long. Looking into badassbatterymonitor I see that kernel is using like 40% battery almost constantly, but I don't know how to fully diagnose from here. It just lists processes. Has anyone else had this? Am I just thinking its quicker?

I like to keep my phone pretty lean, its got only email syncing, no social media. And even that I sync every 2 hours. Brightness on auto, and I typically get 2:50 screen on time.
Take a look at a thread I just posted. Maybe it will help you out too. Best of luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52117236

busterbrown77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by javaguy110 View Post
Take a look at a thread I just posted. Maybe it will help you out too. Best of luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52117236
Hmm, yea I will try that and see. Thanks!