Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Idle Battery kinda tanked?

OP busterbrown77

19th April 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne, FL
Thanks Meter: 10
 
312 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
So I got my M8 on April 2nd, and I was seeing some truly spectacular battery life. Recently though, not so much.. Or maybe I am just being demanding.

I thought originally my phone dropped maybe 4% overnight, now I drops from 100 to 83 or even 78 sometimes. And in general It just doesn't seem to last long. Looking into badassbatterymonitor I see that kernel is using like 40% battery almost constantly, but I don't know how to fully diagnose from here. It just lists processes. Has anyone else had this? Am I just thinking its quicker?

I like to keep my phone pretty lean, its got only email syncing, no social media. And even that I sync every 2 hours. Brightness on auto, and I typically get 2:50 screen on time.
19th April 2014, 05:02 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,765
 
2,366 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Why would you post a question, including the [Q] - in General? There is a specific section called Q & A.

C'mon, dude.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
19th April 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne, FL
Thanks Meter: 10
 
312 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Ah crap... I thought I was there. Uh, can this be moved...
The Following User Says Thank You to busterbrown77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 06:33 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,765
 
2,366 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerulez121

Ah crap... I thought I was there. Uh, can this be moved...

All good, brother, it happens to the best of us. Just message a mod (they're usually the people in the very top stickied threads) and PM them.

But yeah, my battery hasn't been the best in standby either. Of course, I haven't stopped messing or flashing stuff to my phone since I bought it

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
23rd April 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikerulez121

So I got my M8 on April 2nd, and I was seeing some truly spectacular battery life. Recently though, not so much.. Or maybe I am just being demanding.

I thought originally my phone dropped maybe 4% overnight, now I drops from 100 to 83 or even 78 sometimes. And in general It just doesn't seem to last long. Looking into badassbatterymonitor I see that kernel is using like 40% battery almost constantly, but I don't know how to fully diagnose from here. It just lists processes. Has anyone else had this? Am I just thinking its quicker?

I like to keep my phone pretty lean, its got only email syncing, no social media. And even that I sync every 2 hours. Brightness on auto, and I typically get 2:50 screen on time.

Take a look at a thread I just posted. Maybe it will help you out too. Best of luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52117236
30th April 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne, FL
Thanks Meter: 10
 
312 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javaguy110

Take a look at a thread I just posted. Maybe it will help you out too. Best of luck.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=52117236

Hmm, yea I will try that and see. Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes