Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

[Q] Rooting LG G2

29th April 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Ive been looking everywhere to find out if someone has answers, im trying too root my lg g2. I just installed the OTA 4.4.2 software version (VS98024a). It gets all the way too the part where i can apply update through the abd, but when i click that, i hear the windows noise telling me my device disconnected. I still tried to install it, but it would not send the information over to my phone. I used the ioroot25, but it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me out?
29th April 2014, 08:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dahod, Gujarat
Thanks Meter: 134

757 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagebeast02

Ive been looking everywhere to find out if someone has answers, im trying too root my lg g2. I just installed the OTA 4.4.2 software version (VS98024a). It gets all the way too the part where i can apply update through the abd, but when i click that, i hear the windows noise telling me my device disconnected. I still tried to install it, but it would not send the information over to my phone. I used the ioroot25, but it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me out?

i think this can help you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633150
29th April 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 531

2,764 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav Chauhan

i think this can help you
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2633150

Caution: That is a guide for the At&t version of the G2. OP is trying to install VZW G2 software, so hoping he is using the VZW version of it.

So, you HAVE been able to update, or you have not? How are you trying to update if it is not working for you? You tried to use ioroot25 on 4.2.2 or 4.4.2? What was the error or where did it stop before failing? Have the correct drivers on the PC?

In general, the more details we have, the easier to help. Just saying "It didn't work" is not helpful for troubleshooting.
The Following User Says Thank You to es0tericcha0s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
I have been able too update my phone with the OTA. So my phone is running the 4.4.2. I used ioroot 25, the rooting fails when the root.bat is supposed too send the files too my computer. When I hit the apply through adb, that's when the computer makes the sound that my phone was disconnected. My computer will send it, but phone doesn't receive it for some odd reason. I hope I gave enough information, my bad about last time.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
29th April 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #5  

2,764 posts
Donate to Me
More
You sure you have the drivers for adb mode installed properly? Do you have USB Debugging enabled? If you open CMD prompt and change directories to the ioroot25 folder that has the adb program in it and run:

adb devices

does anything returns?
29th April 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Yes, I've followed all the directions and watched videos, and when i open cmd prompt, it does state that a device is connected. I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Like I said I've followed all directions exactly how they state, downloaded all the drivers.

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app
Last edited by savagebeast02; 29th April 2014 at 09:18 PM.
30th April 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #7  

2,764 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have you made sure that when accepting the RSA Key for adb / USB debugging that you selected always? If so, then you should try the manual method via adb as described farther down the OP here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...34539103321731

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread