Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,912 Members 40,349 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

GS3 Won't Boot After Failed Update

Tip us?

janesie
Old
(Last edited by janesie; 30th April 2014 at 03:02 AM.) Reason: add info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy GS3 Won't Boot After Failed Update

hello,

my android was acting weird last week, apps acting weird, rebooted on its own many times. i have 4.1.2 on a tmobile gs3 that i no longer have service on (wifi only). i checked and there was an update.

downloaded the 350 mb update. install failed and it said it was going back to the original OS version. i tried updating again. it downloaded the update all over again. install failed again. said it was going back to original OS version but i don't think it finished.

now it won't boot. there are usually 3 boot screens... Galaxy S3 screen, Samsung screen, and android blastoff. my phone gets to the first galaxy s3 screen, then reboots. if i let it, it will show the screen, reboot and repeat until the battery dies. i have to take the battery out to stop it.

i have not tried to reset it yet because i have data i would like to get off of it.

1) is there a chance of getting data off?
2) will i at least be able to use the phone again?
3) what do i do/who do i take it to? i don't have a reliable computer right now to do any diagnostics. my phone was my computer.

i am in the los angeles area if you have any suggestions as to any good places to take my sick phone.

thanks in advance.

jane

umm... what is a bump?

janesie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Service hello

bump?