Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,507 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New to Samsung devices. Need some information.

Tip us?

hecksagon
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default New to Samsung devices. Need some information.

So I have spent the last 4 devices with Motorola and have never owned a Samsung device. Needless to say I find the stock rom a mess. I have few questions before I dive in. I am on VZW btw and it is an off contract phone that I never plan on using a warranty claim or anything.

Is Knox just the usual flashcount and root detection? Or does it have the ability to brick your device if you start tinkering.

Are there CM based roms that utilize all of the hardware features, or is the pen and ir blaster useless on custom roms?

Are there any software updates to avoid? Right now I am on N900VVRUBMJE.

Is the bootloader locked? (Probably don't have to ask since its Verizon.

I know these are probably easy to look up. To tell you the truth I am just very tired right now. Had to drive 3 hours to get the deal I got on this device.

Techniques
Old
(Last edited by Techniques; 30th April 2014 at 06:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 36
This is the wrong forum for you. Your looking for the Verizon Note 3 forums. From what I read, your bootloader is locked.

Edit:

You might want to check on your forums and see if you got the developer's version of the Note 3 for VZN. That bootloader is unlocked. Knox is a security feature, once you void Knox, you can't go back. It won't brick your phone or anything, you just won't be able to use Knox anymore. I might be wrong on the using Knox part.
Sent from my Sanmsung Galyxa Noot 3.