Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Driving mode issue

Tip us?

rogerperk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Driving mode issue

Have a TMobile 900T and I can't get the Driving Mode to stop. I turn it off, uncheck the box, even do a force stop and it still comes on when I start to drive. I'd rather CHOOSE it than have it make the call itself. Any ideas?

termdj
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Go to setting/locations/my places and remove/edit your car/bluetooth connection. For safety Samsung is "forcing" people to have hands free while driving. As soon as you pair you car radio with bluetooth in location settings, then as soon as the phone (bluetooth on) detects your vehicle's bluetooth, it automatically turns car mode on. The alternative is to switch off bluetooth

rogerperk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by termdj View Post
Go to setting/locations/my places and remove/edit your car/bluetooth connection. For safety Samsung is "forcing" people to have hands free while driving. As soon as you pair you car radio with bluetooth in location settings, then as soon as the phone (bluetooth on) detects your vehicle's bluetooth, it automatically turns car mode on. The alternative is to switch off bluetooth
Thanks for the answer! Which means I can't play my music via bluetooth and the app doesn't play well with Pandora, near as I can see. Great. I appreciate the concern but I don't like being 'forced' to do anything, just as a matter of principal.

Any way to disable this? Any one have a better idea?

termdj
Old
Thanks Meter 7
A custom rom is at this stage the only answer....and hopefully the rom developer has changed that in the rom