Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Driving mode issue

OP rogerperk

28th April 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

318 posts
Have a TMobile 900T and I can't get the Driving Mode to stop. I turn it off, uncheck the box, even do a force stop and it still comes on when I start to drive. I'd rather CHOOSE it than have it make the call itself. Any ideas?
29th April 2014, 07:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

41 posts
Go to setting/locations/my places and remove/edit your car/bluetooth connection. For safety Samsung is "forcing" people to have hands free while driving. As soon as you pair you car radio with bluetooth in location settings, then as soon as the phone (bluetooth on) detects your vehicle's bluetooth, it automatically turns car mode on. The alternative is to switch off bluetooth
29th April 2014, 05:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6

318 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by termdj

Go to setting/locations/my places and remove/edit your car/bluetooth connection. For safety Samsung is "forcing" people to have hands free while driving. As soon as you pair you car radio with bluetooth in location settings, then as soon as the phone (bluetooth on) detects your vehicle's bluetooth, it automatically turns car mode on. The alternative is to switch off bluetooth

Thanks for the answer! Which means I can't play my music via bluetooth and the app doesn't play well with Pandora, near as I can see. Great. I appreciate the concern but I don't like being 'forced' to do anything, just as a matter of principal.

Any way to disable this? Any one have a better idea?
30th April 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

41 posts
A custom rom is at this stage the only answer....and hopefully the rom developer has changed that in the rom
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread