[Kernel][5/1] - Stock HTC v2 - No Write Protection for 1.55.506.2 base - init.d / RW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
This is a 100% pure stock kernel with write protection removed. I recompiled it with the write protection option disabled. There are NO OTHER CHANGES to the HTC code.

Info
  • Note: Breaks exFAT! HTC booby trapped the code! Use Fat 32 and you will be ok ;)
  • V2 Change - Added the rest of the stock modules so you can jump to and from any kernel.
  • This is not a module to disable write protection. This is an actual rebuild of source.
  • The only change made was a changing a yes to a no to disable the write protection.
  • This is ONLY for Verizon base 1.55.506.2
  • The RAM Disk also grants ADB as root and supports init.d if busybox is installed in the /xbin folder.
  • Built with HTC recommend tool chain of gcc 4.6

Big thanks to @flar2 for advising me on what I need to disable.

Feel free to use this as you will for any reason you see fit.

kernel-stock-rebuild.png

Source is HERE!

Kernel is HERE!

Last edited:

Scott

When I say stock, I dont mean stock from HTC but compiled as pure stock from HTC source with zero changes to the code other than the disabling of write protection which is not actually in the code, its in the config. Unless of course you consider the config part of the code. Which in that case there is one code change and that is in the config :laugh:

Karl

Nov 27, 2009
California
ill give it try on 1.54.401.5 base its a no go, alot FC :p

Attachments

• 1841980227_7c2b0a53c6.jpg
    1841980227_7c2b0a53c6.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:

two_cents

Mar 23, 2009
This is the kernel included in your clean Rom? I want to try a different kernel but like to have the stock ready so I don't have to reflash the whole Rom

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Scott

This is the kernel included in your clean Rom? I want to try a different kernel but like to have the stock ready so I don't have to reflash the whole Rom

No the kernel in CleanROM is the HTC compile kernel from the same source.

This kernel (I downloaded the source and made the Write Protect edit) compiled it myself.

This kernel does not include the WiFi module. Make sure if you have flashed another kernel the WiFi module did not get over written.

I am going to upload a new version tonight that will add in the stock WiFi module; My initial intent was only to be used on a stock based ROM not as a fall back for kernel hopping. But I will add the extra stock modules so it can be used as a fall back kernel as well. Then everyone will be happy ;c)

Last edited:
Reactions: two_cents

nicholi2789

Mar 19, 2013
Newport
Nice, I was looking for a stock recovery flashable kernel with WP removed on the latest 1.55.605.2 base. Awesome. Thanks for this!

two_cents

Mar 23, 2009
Thanks allot for adding the modules... Now I can start playing with kernels again... Hopefully someone will figure out the exFAT issue other than faux and stock all kernels lose my 64gb sdcard

There seems to be something missing from the v2 kernel that isn't in clean Rom kernel... I lost my 64gb card after flashing back

Last edited:

Scott

Thanks allot for adding the modules... Now I can start playing with kernels again... Hopefully someone will figure out the exFAT issue other than faux and stock all kernels lose my 64gb sdcard

There seems to be something missing from the v2 kernel that isn't in clean Rom kernel... I lost my 64gb card after flashing back

The CleanROM kernel is the actual HTC Built kernel.

If this is missing exfat I will just need to recompile it again with the ex-fat option turned on. Not a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a 100% pure stock kernel with write protection removed. I recompiled it with the write protection option disabled. There are NO OTHER CHANGES to the HTC code.

Info
    • Note: Breaks exFAT! HTC booby trapped the code! Use Fat 32 and you will be ok ;)
    • V2 Change - Added the rest of the stock modules so you can jump to and from any kernel.
    • This is not a module to disable write protection. This is an actual rebuild of source.
    • The only change made was a changing a yes to a no to disable the write protection.
    • This is ONLY for Verizon base 1.55.506.2
    • The RAM Disk also grants ADB as root and supports init.d if busybox is installed in the /xbin folder.
    • Built with HTC recommend tool chain of gcc 4.6

Big thanks to @flar2 for advising me on what I need to disable.

Feel free to use this as you will for any reason you see fit.

Unfortunately, disabling write protection option breaks compatibility with the texfat module.

You could disable write protection and maintain compatibility with this commit: https://github.com/flar2/m8-Sense/commit/9f3feaa4a5ee7ab5b7734261ed4358416bfa6d9a

I know you could no longer claim exact HTC source code, but technically the compiled kernel is closer to stock with this than disabling it in config.
    When I say stock, I dont mean stock from HTC but compiled as pure stock from HTC source with zero changes to the code other than the disabling of write protection which is not actually in the code, its in the config. Unless of course you consider the config part of the code. Which in that case there is one code change and that is in the config :laugh:
    This is not a ROM, its a Kernel.

ROM is whole operating system including the kernel. Kernel is just the start-up portion of the operating system.

yep, sorry. figured that out about 2 seconds ago. I'm tired.
    I just want to re-iterate that this is just for a Verizon based 1.55.506.2 ROM. You must have proper stock modules installed. If you installed a custom kernel for another build you may have issues.

Once again, this is for a stock build 1.55.506.2 Verizon ROM!