OP AchillesNo1

30th April 2014, 06:19 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScriptKitty

Did you installed the drivers?
If yes, try running S1tool in compatibility mode.
Also try using this Test Point:

^Just connect the two points for the Test Point.

Ok, so the guide says my "Windows will try to find the drivers and will attempt to install them. ", which is fine, but I never got that prompt from my computer. Also, when you say run S1tool in compatibility mode, you mean administrator? And do I just leave the phone off right?

sorry for all the questions :X
30th April 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #12  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 197

266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchillesNo1

Ok, so the guide says my "Windows will try to find the drivers and will attempt to install them. ", which is fine, but I never got that prompt from my computer. Also, when you say run S1tool in compatibility mode, you mean administrator? And do I just leave the phone off right?

sorry for all the questions :X

Okay, first you need to download Flashtool(This is the easiest way of installing the drivers) and install it like any other Program. Once done go to C:\Flashtool\drivers and run Flashtool-drivers.exe to install the drivers.

To run S1tool in compatibility mode just right click on S1tool.exe and click where its says something like "fix compatibility problem" then click on the second option. Then Click on "The program works on an older version of windows" then chose WIndows XP. Click next and save.

And yes, the phone has to be off through the hole process.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:

Okay, first you need to download Flashtool(This is the easiest way of installing the drivers) and install it like any other Program. Once done go to C:\Flashtool\drivers and run Flashtool-drivers.exe to install the drivers.

To run S1tool in compatibility mode just right click on S1tool.exe and click where its says something like "fix compatibility problem" then click on the second option. Then Click on "The program works on an older version of windows" then chose WIndows XP. Click next and save.

And yes, the phone has to be off through the hole process.

wow! i'm not sure if that worked but I believe it did... everything worked i believe... S1 tools acted a little weird but I think it worked I just got a different message because the guy in the tutorial was probably using a different phone.

Now, what kernel is available that is .FTF?
30th April 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #14  
Flag Mexico City

266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

wow! i'm not sure if that worked but I believe it did... everything worked i believe... S1 tools acted a little weird but I think it worked I just got a different message because the guy in the tutorial was probably using a different phone.

Now, what kernel is available that is .FTF?

If it worked than you should get something like this: LOADER VERSION: "r4A069"
(r = Unlocked Bootlader and R = Locked Bootlader)

Here is a link to a website that has lots of kernels in FTF format(its the best list but its in Spanish)
http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/c...eria-play.html

But before you flash a Kernel I would recommend to look for a ROM you would like to try out and see what Kernel it supports.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheScriptKitty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

24 posts
Quote:

If it worked than you should get something like this: LOADER VERSION: "r4A069"
(r = Unlocked Bootlader and R = Locked Bootlader)

Here is a link to a website that has lots of kernels in FTF format(its the best list but its in Spanish)
http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/c...eria-play.html

But before you flash a Kernel I would recommend to look for a ROM you would like to try out and see what Kernel it supports.

Well, I got the message "START NAK: 0300A"... not sure what that means but for some reason I felt like it worked...

Anyways, hoping that it worked I found this to be useful http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2184897
I like the Super Jelly bean 5.5 ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2372122 ) but the instructions is something i have never dealt with yet...

* flash your favourite FTF-62 or 79
* flash JB kernel lupus JBv8 480p XPLAY** turbo kernel 3.1 for NEO L
* you can flash lupus jb v13 480p also..but i still recommend for 600+data partition and little more performance v8 480p for xperia play.
* full wipe/cache/system
* install rom from sdcard
30th April 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #16  
Flag Mexico City

266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well, I got the message "START NAK: 0300A"... not sure what that means but for some reason I felt like it worked...

Anyways, hoping that it worked I found this to be useful http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2184897
I like the Super Jelly bean 5.5 ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2372122 ) but the instructions is something i have never dealt with yet...

* flash your favourite FTF-62 or 79
* flash JB kernel lupus JBv8 480p XPLAY** turbo kernel 3.1 for NEO L
* you can flash lupus jb v13 480p also..but i still recommend for 600+data partition and little more performance v8 480p for xperia play.
* full wipe/cache/system
* install rom from sdcard

To flash FTF-62(or 79) and the Kernel you need to do it in Flashtool
Steps:
1.Open Flashtool
2.Click on the Thunderbolt Icon
3.Select Flash Mode
4.Select the FTF file
5.When FlashTool tells you to:
.....Power off your phone
.....Hold the Back Button
.....Connect phone to PC
6.Once done Power On

To Flash the ROM(.zip file) just enter the Recovery by pressing the Back Button at boot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread