Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck kick me in my face..cant get past odin mode

OP grengoblinalway

29th April 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Yesterday morning I came on and saw kitkat had finally rolled around. I read through Beans notes watched the tube, and got to where I wanted to be. But I came from a time of old flashing addicted never satisfied HTC thunderbolt so much easier than this Note 3.

So after I was on 4.4.2 kitkat by beans thread I decided to try a rom. I figured lets lighten the load and deleted all my other slots and tried to flash over with biggins rom. I thought I followed the steps correctly installed busybox X , new safestrap and rebooted. well now I cannot get anywhere in any recovery it shows the blue writing but then just reboots and bam back to hanging. I can only get into ODIN so I am assuming this is still a salvageable situation.

Really F#$#$@%@%# frustrated as I try to figure things out on my own reading through other threads but I cant. And I can not have my phone off any longer. Odin recognizes port. Everything I try to put on pit to tar to image are all failures. Kingo not any help 1.2.2

I need someone to reach out and kick my face back in place
29th April 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #2  
Flag Colton, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,027

3,345 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grengoblinalway

Yesterday morning I came on and saw kitkat had finally rolled around. I read through Beans notes watched the tube, and got to where I wanted to be. But I came from a time of old flashing addicted never satisfied HTC thunderbolt so much easier than this Note 3.

So after I was on 4.4.2 kitkat by beans thread I decided to try a rom. I figured lets lighten the load and deleted all my other slots and tried to flash over with biggins rom. I thought I followed the steps correctly installed busybox X , new safestrap and rebooted. well now I cannot get anywhere in any recovery it shows the blue writing but then just reboots and bam back to hanging. I can only get into ODIN so I am assuming this is still a salvageable situation.

Really F#$#$@%@%# frustrated as I try to figure things out on my own reading through other threads but I cant. And I can not have my phone off any longer. Odin recognizes port. Everything I try to put on pit to tar to image are all failures. Kingo not any help 1.2.2

I need someone to reach out and kick my face back in place

Are you sure your selecting the .md5 file and not the unzipped file?
30th April 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

27 posts
Ok I know this is gonna suck, but you are probably gonna have to find a tar.md5 file for mje baseband and Odin back to 4.3, then reroot and follow beans instruction to go back to 4.4.2 to a T at which point you just need to install the new safe strap 3.72 (I believe beans 4.4.2 leak rom already has busybox, but I might be wrong) to be able to flash a new rom. P.s. make sure when you flash a rom it is 4.4.2 based and that it is done in the stock rom slot and make sure you do a factory reset wipe from within safe strap before flashing the new rom.

Sent from my baja kit kat SM-N900V using XDA app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread