Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Rooting and Unrooting

OP cliodude1

30th April 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I currently use the official 4.4 KitKat update from LG, and there is a sound issue with it where it makes a sizzling noise when listening to anything. I am thinking of rooting and flashing a custom ROM onto it but I'm worried of getting my warranty void. I want to make sure that when I unroot it that my warranty is restored.
30th April 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #2  
6ril1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
260 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliodude1

I currently use the official 4.4 KitKat update from LG, and there is a sound issue with it where it makes a sizzling noise when listening to anything. I am thinking of rooting and flashing a custom ROM onto it but I'm worried of getting my warranty void. I want to make sure that when I unroot it that my warranty is restored.

Are you talking about this audio bug ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682189
If yes, it seems LG began to fix it with the last update on vodafone D802 (in the same release wich has the knock code feature). So if you are afraid of root, you can wait for your device update.
30th April 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ril1

Are you talking about this audio bug ?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2682189
If yes, it seems LG began to fix it with the last update on vodafone D802 (in the same release wich has the knock code feature). So if you are afraid of root, you can wait for your device update.

That's correct, that is the issue I'm having.
It's going to take ages for it to reach to Australia
30th April 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #4  
6ril1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
260 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliodude1

That's correct, that is the issue I'm having.
It's going to take ages for it to reach to Australia

If you have a D802, and you are a hurry to fix this bug, you can also flash a kdz with the update. No need root for this.
30th April 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ril1

If you have a D802, and you are a hurry to fix this bug, you can also flash a kdz with the update. No need root for this.

I have a D802T. Will that do it?
If so, do you have a link of the KDZ and instructions on how to do it?
30th April 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #6  
6ril1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
260 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliodude1

I have a D802T. Will that do it?
If so, do you have a link of the KDZ and instructions on how to do it?

I don't know if D802T can flash D802 firmware, so i don't recommend this.
However there is a link (vdf ES)
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...D80220B_00.kdz
30th April 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
8 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ril1

I don't know if D802T can flash D802 firmware, so i don't recommend this.
However there is a link (vdf ES)
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...D80220B_00.kdz

There doesn't seem to be any answers for this at the moment. Anyone have the answer?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes