Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Working root with locked bootloader in .757

Tip us?

coolkoushik07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Default Working root with locked bootloader in .757

Hi guys, I took TA backup successfully and also rooted.. but i am facing a prob.. after rooting through cwm if i flash stock kernel and restore TA backup then supersu cant mount /system as rw .. i want to stay on .757 firmware with locked bootloader.. is there any way to that? Thanks in advance..

Sent from my GT-I8552
Press thank if I helped you

Model: D5503 Xperia Z1 Compact, GT-I8552 Grand Quattro, GT-I9500 Galaxy S4(Returned to store after using 20 days)

steanne
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkoushik07 View Post
Hi guys, I took TA backup successfully and also rooted.. but i am facing a prob.. after rooting through cwm if i flash stock kernel and restore TA backup then supersu cant mount /system as rw .. i want to stay on .757 firmware with locked bootloader.. is there any way to that? Thanks in advance..

Sent from my GT-I8552
can't be done. the thing that keeps the system read-only is in the kernel, so mere root is not enough to undo it. you need an unlocked bootloader to replace the kernel. you can still have all the other advantages of root.

coolkoushik07
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxz0O0 View Post
If you have locked bootloader you need to use dualrecovery ( http://nut.xperia-files.com/ )
I tried but not working with .757 fw

Sent from my GT-I8552
Press thank if I helped you

Model: D5503 Xperia Z1 Compact, GT-I8552 Grand Quattro, GT-I9500 Galaxy S4(Returned to store after using 20 days)