Need help with flashing Nandroid Backup.

Search This thread

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Hi all. I am in need of some information. I am returning my M7 to rogers for warranty purposes. Currently it is rooted and s-ff. I am also running a gpe rom. I found a nandroid backup on Htc1guru.com. I followd crushalot's instructions for restoring to stock with an RUU. Everything goes well until I try to enter the second command of ( fastboot flash zip ruu.zip ) but my command window will not allow me to. I have even tried sideloading through twrp but can not get the commands right. Can someone offer me some direction? Thanks.

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
Hi all. I am in need of some information. I am returning my M7 to rogers for warranty purposes. Currently it is rooted and s-ff. I am also running a gpe rom. I found a nandroid backup on Htc1guru.com. I followd crushalot's instructions for restoring to stock with an RUU. Everything goes well until I try to enter the second command of ( fastboot flash zip ruu.zip ) but my command window will not allow me to. I have even tried sideloading through twrp but can not get the commands right. Can someone offer me some direction? Thanks.
Do you have a link to your procedure? I would have thought Nandroid restore and RUU reflash are mutually exclusive--accomplishing the same thing by different methods. (Note that a Nandroid restore won't give you the stock recovery partition, and also may not give you a folder called /data/preload, which is wiped during the rooting process (so OTA updates won't work, though you will be on the stock system.))

Also, how does your command window not let you run the fastboot command? Is it because fastboot isn't found? If so, you can navigate to fastboot or fastboot.exe's directory (works on windows only; use the "cd" command), or just add that directory to the PATH variable (windows/linux/mac).

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Thanks for the reply fenstre. Here is a link to the proceedure. http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/ . I have downloades a Roger's nandroid backup from his site. I have renamed it ruu.zip and placed it in my abd/fastboot folder. When I start to follow the directions for restoring using an RUU everything starts off ok. I start with the command prompt and enter "fastboot oem rebootRUU" and I get the silver htc logo on my phone's screen. I then enter "fastboot flash zip ruu.zip". It says you have to enter it again because the first only prepares the flash. I cannot enter it again on my prompt window.

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
I was just curious. I just got a replacement M7 from Rogers. Would it be possible to make a nandroid backup from the New phone and flash it on the one going back? Just a thought. I just need the one going back to have the Rogers splash scree and sense so it looks stock. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Thanks for the reply fenstre. Here is a link to the proceedure. http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/return-stock-guide/ . I have downloades a Roger's nandroid backup from his site. I have renamed it ruu.zip and placed it in my abd/fastboot folder. When I start to follow the directions for restoring using an RUU everything starts off ok. I start with the command prompt and enter "fastboot oem rebootRUU" and I get the silver htc logo on my phone's screen. I then enter "fastboot flash zip ruu.zip". It says you have to enter it again because the first only prepares the flash. I cannot enter it again on my prompt window.

A Nandroid backup is just that, a Nandroid backup. The clue is in the name... It has to be restored from your custom recovery," well the custom recovery for which the backup was made ".

You cannot run it through fastbootRUU.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Thank you for the info. I'll have to try and find proper tutorial to either install an RUU or nandroid backup that I found on Htc1guru.com . I am having a hard time opening the RUU that I downloaded. It keeps freezing when I double click on the file.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Thank you for the info. I'll have to try and find proper tutorial to either install an RUU or nandroid backup that I found on Htc1guru.com . I am having a hard time opening the RUU that I downloaded. It keeps freezing when I double click on the file.

Can you provide a link to the RUU please.
Also post a fastboot getvar all and does your bootloader show tampered and is your bootloader locked, relocked or unlocked

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Thanks for the reply. I am at work now. Will post again tomorrow evening.

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
My boot loader is unlocked and device shows tampered. I downloaded RUU_K44_SENSE_55_MR_Rogers_WWE. MyCID is 001. Will have to check the getvar tomorrow. Thanks.

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Also post a fastboot getvar all and does your bootloader show tampered and is your bootloader locked, relocked or unlocked

No worries. Post when you can.

Here is my getvar. I hope this works for me.< waiting for device >
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.21.3218.21
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 3.22.631.1
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader)
(bootloader)
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0712000
(bootloader) cidnum: ROGER001
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3957mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-fe1214
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11

also here is the link to the RUU, RUU M7 UL K44 SENSE55 MR Rogers WWE 4.19.631.9 Radio 4A.23.3263.28 10.38r.1157.04L Release 351317 Signed 2

and the nandroid back up M7 TWRP Nandroid Backup CID ROGER001 3.22.631.1

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
No worries. Post when you can.

My boot loader shows unlocked but not showing tampered at the moment. Here is my getvar.
(bootloader) serialno: HT34GW900859
(bootloader) imei: 354439053143915
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

here is the nandroid backup from htc1guru,

M7 TWRP Nandroid Backup CID ROGER001 3.22.631.1

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
My boot loader shows unlocked but not showing tampered at the moment. Here is my getvar.
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0

here is the nandroid backup from htc1guru,

M7 TWRP Nandroid Backup CID ROGER001 3.22.631.1

sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
No worries about the double post

The link

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/ruu_m7_..._10-38r-1157-04l_release_351317_signed_2-exe/

It is a RUU.exe so must be run from your PC as a program

I can't find a RUU.zip for you phone though there is a nan droid backup.

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-twrp-nandroid-backup-cid-roger001-3-22-631-1-zip/

As you can see, this is a TWRP Backup

Hope these help.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks. Yesterday I tried flashing the nandroid backup with an org cable through twrp several times. Each time it faile. I did format my flash drive to fat 32.

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Thanks. Yesterday I tried flashing the nandroid backup with an org cable through twrp several times. Each time it faile. I did format my flash drive to fat 32.

Did you check the MD5 on the backup and are you running at least TWRP 2.6.3.3. Try the RUU.exe.. Make sure you the adb/fastboot drivers installed.
http://koush.com/post/universal-adb-driver.

An OTG cable has female USB port on one end and a mini USB( that fits in the USB power/auxiliary socket of your phone.. A USB stick is inserted in the female end.. Go to mount then mount usb. Sorry if you already know this info.

quicksilver53

Oct 31, 2012
Surrey
Did you check the MD5 on the backup and are you running at least TWRP 2.6.3.3. Try the RUU.exe.. Make sure you the adb/fastboot drivers installed.
http://koush.com/post/universal-adb-driver.

An OTG cable has female USB port on one end and a mini USB( that fits in the USB power/auxiliary socket of your phone.. A USB stick is inserted in the female end.. Go to mount then mount usb. Sorry if you already know this info.

I have all of the drivers installed and am running TWRP 2.6.3.3. Every time that I right click on the RUU.exe, it hangs up and freezes my computer. Only once did the program open up and that was just after downloading it. I am familiar with an otg cables operation. Just never used one before.:(

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
I have all of the drivers installed and am running TWRP 2.6.3.3. Every time that I right click on the RUU.exe, it hangs up and freezes my computer. Only once did the program open up and that was just after downloading it. I am familiar with an otg cables operation. Just never used one before.:(

OK.. Try this..

https://sites.google.com/site/androidbyyorzua/home/tutorials/extracting-rom-files-from-htc-ruu

The rom.zip can then be run from recovery.

Top Liked Posts