FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

New Android One Device Dead On Arrival

Today, Google announced the second generation of Android One devices, with the new Lava Pixel … more

Broken GPS after ND3 update

324 posts
Thanks Meter: 65
 
By effry, Senior Member on 29th April 2014, 10:09 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hi all, as the title says my gps is broken after upgrading through odin. Neither restoring NC2 or flashing cm11 solved the issue. Can anyone tell me if is an hadware problem? logcat keep continously spamming this while searching location

E/LocSvc_ApiV02(856): D/virtual void LocApiV02::eventCb(locClientHandleType, uint32_t, locClientEventIndUnionType):2551]: event id = 36
E/LocSvc_ApiV02(856): D/Reporting postion from V2 Adapter
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_snd: Sending message with handle = 0x792A50B0
E/LocSvc_utils_ll(856): D/linked_list_add: Adding to list data_obj = 0x792A50B0
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_snd: Finished Sending message with handle = 0x792A50B0
E/LocSvc_utils_ll(856): D/linked_list_remove: Removing from list
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_rcv: Received message 0x792A50B0 rv = 0
E/LocSvc_MsgTask(856): D/MsgTask::loop() 865 listening ...
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_rcv: Waiting on message
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_snd: Sending message with handle = 0x88B7F318
E/LocSvc_utils_ll(856): D/linked_list_add: Adding to list data_obj = 0x88B7F318
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_snd: Finished Sending message with handle = 0x88B7F318
E/LocSvc_utils_ll(856): D/linked_list_remove: Removing from list
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_rcv: Received message 0x88B7F318 rv = 0
E/LocSvc_MsgTask(856): D/MsgTask::loop() 866 listening ...
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_rcv: Waiting on message
E/LocSvc_ApiV02(856): D/void LocApiV02::reportPosition(const qmiLocEventPositionReportIndMsgT_v02*):2004]: Ignoring position report with sess status = 7, fix id = 119
E/LocSvc_ApiV02(856): I/<--- void globalEventCb(locClientHandleType, uint32_t, locClientEventIndUnionType, void*) line 90 QMI_LOC_EVENT_POSITION_REPORT_IND_V02
 
 
30th April 2014, 04:58 AM |#2  
xdm9mm's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by effry

hi all, as the title says my gps is broken after upgrading through odin. Neither restoring NC2 or flashing cm11 solved the issue. Can anyone tell me if is an hadware problem? logcat keep continously spamming this while searching location

E/LocSvc_ApiV02(856): D/virtual void LocApiV02::eventCb(locClientHandleType, uint32_t, locClientEventIndUnionType):2551]: event id = 36
E/LocSvc_ApiV02(856): D/Reporting postion from V2 Adapter
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_snd: Sending message with handle = 0x792A50B0
E/LocSvc_utils_ll(856): D/linked_list_add: Adding to list data_obj = 0x792A50B0
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_snd: Finished Sending message with handle = 0x792A50B0
E/LocSvc_utils_ll(856): D/linked_list_remove: Removing from list
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_rcv: Received message 0x792A50B0 rv = 0
E/LocSvc_MsgTask(856): D/MsgTask::loop() 865 listening ...
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_rcv: Waiting on message
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_snd: Sending message with handle = 0x88B7F318
E/LocSvc_utils_ll(856): D/linked_list_add: Adding to list data_obj = 0x88B7F318
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_snd: Finished Sending message with handle = 0x88B7F318
E/LocSvc_utils_ll(856): D/linked_list_remove: Removing from list
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_rcv: Received message 0x88B7F318 rv = 0
E/LocSvc_MsgTask(856): D/MsgTask::loop() 866 listening ...
E/LocSvc_utils_q(856): D/msg_q_rcv: Waiting on message
E/LocSvc_ApiV02(856): D/void LocApiV02::reportPosition(const qmiLocEventPositionReportIndMsgT_v02*):2004]: Ignoring position report with sess status = 7, fix id = 119
E/LocSvc_ApiV02(856): I/<--- void globalEventCb(locClientHandleType, uint32_t, locClientEventIndUnionType, void*) line 90 QMI_LOC_EVENT_POSITION_REPORT_IND_V02


Have you tried downloading gps test from playstore and clear your ephemeris data. Then reboot
30th April 2014, 08:01 AM |#3  
effry's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdm9mm

Have you tried downloading gps test from playstore and clear your ephemeris data. Then reboot

Yes but no help at all the app did not even see see satellites

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 08:05 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
My gps doesn't work on Samsung 4.4.2. It works on Temaseks AOSP rom

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 08:12 AM |#5  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,774
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by effry

Yes but no help at all the app did not even see see satellites

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

I have a satlock within 3 seconds, may i suggest to reflash the rom you have followed by a data factory reset Runing ND3 stock.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-30-09-07-37[1].jpg
Views:	91
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	2717138  
Last edited by gee2012; 30th April 2014 at 08:14 AM.
30th April 2014, 09:08 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gee2012

I have a satlock within 3 seconds, may i suggest to reflash the rom you have followed by a data factory reset Runing ND3 stock.

I've tried completely wiping my device and installing several different stock Kitkat roms but it still won't work. Have you ever had any gps problems or has it always worked?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 09:11 AM |#7  
gee2012's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Heerlen
Thanks Meter: 3,774
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matust

I've tried completely wiping my device and installing several different stock Kitkat roms but it still won't work. Have you ever had any gps problems or has it always worked?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It always worked for me, maybe you just have a defective device (gps module) that needs to be repaired.
30th April 2014, 09:14 AM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
It worked fine for me on 4.3, and works fine on AOSP 4.4.2. Kitkat hasn't been released on any of the carriers in my country so I can only hope that will fix it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes