Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Best way to recover from soft brick..?

OP Joespower

30th April 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hi all...

OK, so I've rooted and ROMed a few phones in the past, and I generally know what I'm doing. However, I think I may have gotten a little bit overconfident this time and not done enough research...

I had a friend give me one of these phones and I decided that before making it my daily driver, I was going to install CM11. The phone was given to me unrooted with the stock 4.3 ROM. So, I found a guide to root the 4.3 version of the phone w/o triggering the warranty killbit, and that all went well. Once rooted, I decided to use Clockwork ROM Manager to throw CM11 on it. I installed CM and, without giving it a second thought, told it to flash the latest CM recovery (apparently my root method had come with TWRP). When I rebooted, I expected to see the nice recovery screen I was used to, but instead I was informed that I needed to take my phone to the nearest Verizon store and have them restore it (no thanks). I can, however, still get in to the Odin downloader, but this is uncharted territory for me. Assuming everything is OK with my firmware, what is the best/fastest way to recover from this point? I think I understand how Odin works, but I don't know much about it. Can I use Odin to flash the latest TWRP and fix it that way? Would it be better to try and flash completely back to stock and start over? If I'm forced to use Odin anyway, can I just flash CM11 from there? I have no idea what to do...

I would greatly appreciate any guidance anyone of you ROM wizards is willing to part with...
30th April 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 783

1,557 posts
Fix with this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586319

Then read all of this, no AOSP on 4.3:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639337

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread