Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

screen goes black after rebooting

Tip us?

khan12343
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation screen goes black after rebooting

Everything was going fine i made up my mind to install blackout rom today i downloaded and installed in the end of installation it says click finish to reboot installation complete i clicked n phone reboot htc logo comeup then screen goes black

before this rom i was using SVHD rom ...soo after this problem i go back to flash SVHD n guess what i faced the same problem with SVHD too

i cleaned cache dlvk reset n all that but nothing happened help me out

mickeyasamoah
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan12343 View Post
Everything was going fine i made up my mind to install blackout rom today i downloaded and installed in the end of installation it says click finish to reboot installation complete i clicked n phone reboot htc logo comeup then screen goes black

before this rom i was using SVHD rom ...soo after this problem i go back to flash SVHD n guess what i faced the same problem with SVHD too

i cleaned cache dlvk reset n all that but nothing happened help me out
Do you have S-Off?

khan12343
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyasamoah View Post
Do you have S-Off?
yes sir
i have soff

i installed stock rom back.... do i have to downgrade again to root my htc ?

last time i downgrade then able to s off and root by ace hack tool kit

is there any difference in stock n custom rom battery backup

mickeyasamoah
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
yes sir
i have soff

i installed stock rom back.... do i have to downgrade again to root my htc ?

last time i downgrade then able to s off and root by ace hack tool kit

is there any difference in stock n custom rom battery backup
You could flash a custom recovery through bootloader and then flash a custom rom. without downgrading.
XDA-DEVELOPERS SENIOR MEMBER

Mickey Asamoah

DEVICE: MOTOROLA RAZR XT912
ROM: Liquid Smooth 3.1 Official KitKat (1st Slot)

Please Use The Thanks Button If I Have Helped You.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickeyasamoah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

glevitan
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,206

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Do you have S-Off?
If you are S-OFF that will stay. So you can flash a custom recovery and a rom. You might need to use the PD98IMG way to flash the recovery if you do not have eng s-off

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Rom: Stock
Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad Infinity tf700t - Got rid of this one...performance sucked
Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 - Now we are talking

Easy Ace Root Tool
HTC Desire HD / Inspire 4G Ultimate Noob Guide
OneClickRoot Galaxy Note (GT-N7000)
HTC Easy Unlock Bootloader Tool
Goldcard img Creator
The Following User Says Thank You to glevitan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khan12343
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by glevitan View Post
If you are S-OFF that will stay. So you can flash a custom recovery and a rom. You might need to use the PD98IMG way to flash the recovery if you do not have eng s-off

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app
thanks ill try
one more things sir why we have to downgrade why cant we do it simply reason behind it

mickeyasamoah
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
thanks ill try
one more things sir why we have to downgrade why cant we do it simply reason behind it
The reason why the downgrade was needed was because, Someone would want to root his or her device without changing the rom. In this case, the loop hole that made rooting possible was closed in the 2.3 update. So if you were to try and root your device with the 2.3 rom, it would fail. In order to achieve the root previllage, you had to downgrade to an android version where the loop hole that allows the phone to be rooted is still available.

But in your case, if you want to flash a custom rom, there is no need to downgrade. All you need to do is flash a recovery by the PD98IMG.zip way.

Or to flash it using the fastboot commands from pc, you could flash an ENG-HBOOT via the PD98IMG.zip in bootloader then use your pc(fastboot commands ) to do whatever you want.

Got it now?
XDA-DEVELOPERS SENIOR MEMBER

Mickey Asamoah

DEVICE: MOTOROLA RAZR XT912
ROM: Liquid Smooth 3.1 Official KitKat (1st Slot)

Please Use The Thanks Button If I Have Helped You.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickeyasamoah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

khan12343
Old
(Last edited by khan12343; 30th April 2014 at 10:07 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
The reason why the downgrade was needed was because, Someone would want to root his or her device without changing the rom. In this case, the loop hole that made rooting possible was closed in the 2.3 update. So if you were to try and root your device with the 2.3 rom, it would fail. In order to achieve the root previllage, you had to downgrade to an android version where the loop hole that allows the phone to be rooted is still available.

But in your case, if you want to flash a custom rom, there is no need to downgrade. All you need to do is flash a recovery by the PD98IMG.zip way.

Or to flash it using the fastboot commands from pc, you could flash an ENG-HBOOT via the PD98IMG.zip in bootloader then use your pc(fastboot commands ) to do whatever you want.

Got it now?
its done why am not able to use blackout rom ...screen goes black after rebooting ...n if i try to to flash any other rom after blackout same problem occurs ..why is that