XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in boot loop. please help

Tip us?

underoath403
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Unhappy [Q] Stuck in boot loop. please help

I just upgraded to the 4.4.2 by baja. The system would not reboot when I clicked reboot and the Bluetooth would not work. I opened rom manager fixed my permissions then like a dummy clicked reboot in to recovery. now it shows the custom screen when booting up then 1 second later it says recovery booting and just does this over and over again. I have tryed to get this into odin mode and it wont work. on rom manager I had set my system to twrp.
If anybody can help please do its my only phone. thanks!

repsol_23
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by underoath403 View Post
I just upgraded to the 4.4.2 by baja. The system would not reboot when I clicked reboot and the Bluetooth would not work. I opened rom manager fixed my permissions then like a dummy clicked reboot in to recovery. now it shows the custom screen when booting up then 1 second later it says recovery booting and just does this over and over again. I have tryed to get this into odin mode and it wont work. on rom manager I had set my system to twrp.
Only thing I can suggest is to do a battery pull. Wait about 10 seconds then replace the battery and put the phone in download mode. You should then be able to Odin back to stock and start over.

Hope this helps.

Tap'n N Talk'n on my N3

underoath403
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Talking Fixed it

Quote:

I fixed it!!!
I removed the sd card and it removed the boot loop!
im leaving this here just incase somebody else gets the same problem.

Sziehr
Old
(Last edited by Sziehr; 30th April 2014 at 02:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
I fixed it!!!
I removed the sd card and it removed the boot loop!
im leaving this here just incase somebody else gets the same problem.
I did something similar. I wanted to try the new Rick Rom and without thinking clicked reboot to recovery from the power menu enabled thru Wanam. Pulling the SD didn't work for me.

What should I flash in ODIN to fix this? I still have the rooted 4.4.2 build and firmware tar, or do I need to go all the way back to 4.3?

Never mind, I flashed the 4.4.2 firmware and all is good.

underoath403
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default 4.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sziehr View Post
I did something similar. I wanted to try the new Rick Rom and without thinking clicked reboot to recovery from the power menu enabled thru Wanam. Pulling the SD didn't work for me.

What should I flash in ODIN to fix this? I still have the rooted 4.4.2 build and firmware tar, or do I need to go all the way back to 4.3?

Never mind, I flashed the 4.4.2 firmware and all is good.
You should be able to follow the instructions from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2726558 just from the Odin part. That's what I would do. Anybody else have any other advice? I would stay with 4.4.2 can you get into Odin mode?