Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,384 Members 44,116 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poor battery life all of а sudden.

Tip us?

sizzlers
Old
(Last edited by sizzlers; 25th April 2014 at 11:28 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Poor battery life all of а sudden.

Rooted wifi version with slimkat rom and Franco kernel. Guys hello, so I have bought nexus December. First months okay. All is fine but recently it got strange in battery department. I can barely squeeze 4 hours of screen time. I got everything in terms of background apps running. No drops of the tablet or hits or anything. Brightness is at 15/20 percent all time. Should I blame the rom?Should I flash other rom or go to default software and return it since it's under warranty. I never read any complains bout my problem over Internet so I'm asking here. Before games would run 4/5 hours screen time now 2 hours max and no matter what I do battery just drops steadily. I ve done reset day ago. No wake locks, no background apps running iv been and know this scenarios.

P. S
sorry for English

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Andromendous
Old
Thanks Meter 114
I posted a similar problem in the general section, hopefully 4.4.3 will help with this, but if its just you and me, then maybe its slimkat, cus thats what im running also....

Protomartyr
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Do you have the deb or the flo?
&
What are you using to identify which apps are running in the background (i.e. an app)?

If it's not a rogue application or wakelock, I would probably try flashing a different kernel and test it out for a couple days. If your problem persists, I would flash stock and use it for a week. I always recommend flashing to stock so you can get a reliable baseline to compare it too. If you are on stock and still exhibit the same problem, I would play the warranty card.

That's at least what I would do.

sizzlers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomartyr View Post
Do you have the deb or the flo?
&
What are you using to identify which apps are running in the background (i.e. an app)?

If it's not a rogue application or wakelock, I would probably try flashing a different kernel and test it out for a couple days. If your problem persists, I would flash stock and use it for a week. I always recommend flashing to stock so you can get a reliable baseline to compare it too. If you are on stock and still exhibit the same problem, I would play the warranty card.

That's at least what I would do.
With Flo and using better battery stats and greenify.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

namhuy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Did you install any new app recently?

Nam Huy Linux http://namhuy.net

sizzlers
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by namhuy View Post
Did you install any new app recently?

Nam Huy Linux http://namhuy.net
Already fixed it man. Had to install PA Android rom and ditch the slimkat. Everything is back to normal.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app