MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Poor battery life all of а sudden.

OP sizzlers

26th April 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burgas
Thanks Meter: 33

348 posts
More
Rooted wifi version with slimkat rom and Franco kernel. Guys hello, so I have bought nexus December. First months okay. All is fine but recently it got strange in battery department. I can barely squeeze 4 hours of screen time. I got everything in terms of background apps running. No drops of the tablet or hits or anything. Brightness is at 15/20 percent all time. Should I blame the rom?Should I flash other rom or go to default software and return it since it's under warranty. I never read any complains bout my problem over Internet so I'm asking here. Before games would run 4/5 hours screen time now 2 hours max and no matter what I do battery just drops steadily. I ve done reset day ago. No wake locks, no background apps running iv been and know this scenarios.

P. S
sorry for English

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by sizzlers; 26th April 2014 at 12:28 AM.
26th April 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 193

606 posts
More
I posted a similar problem in the general section, hopefully 4.4.3 will help with this, but if its just you and me, then maybe its slimkat, cus thats what im running also....
26th April 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 129

284 posts
More
Do you have the deb or the flo?
&
What are you using to identify which apps are running in the background (i.e. an app)?

If it's not a rogue application or wakelock, I would probably try flashing a different kernel and test it out for a couple days. If your problem persists, I would flash stock and use it for a week. I always recommend flashing to stock so you can get a reliable baseline to compare it too. If you are on stock and still exhibit the same problem, I would play the warranty card.

That's at least what I would do.
26th April 2014, 08:21 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burgas

348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protomartyr

Do you have the deb or the flo?
&
What are you using to identify which apps are running in the background (i.e. an app)?

If it's not a rogue application or wakelock, I would probably try flashing a different kernel and test it out for a couple days. If your problem persists, I would flash stock and use it for a week. I always recommend flashing to stock so you can get a reliable baseline to compare it too. If you are on stock and still exhibit the same problem, I would play the warranty card.

That's at least what I would do.

With Flo and using better battery stats and greenify.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th April 2014, 02:50 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

72 posts
Did you install any new app recently?

Nam Huy Linux http://namhuy.net
30th April 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Burgas

348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by namhuy

Did you install any new app recently?

Nam Huy Linux http://namhuy.net

Already fixed it man. Had to install PA Android rom and ditch the slimkat. Everything is back to normal.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread