FORUMS

[Q] Verizon HTC One M8 get Bootloader back to LOCKED and S ON

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By jeremycase00, Junior Member on 12th April 2014, 04:08 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Like the title says looking for a way to get my M8 Bootloader back to LOCKED and S ON. Gonna have to send my phone in for replacement. Thanks in advance.
 
 
12th April 2014, 10:47 AM |#2  
scotty1223's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,771
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremycase00

Like the title says looking for a way to get my M8 Bootloader back to LOCKED and S ON. Gonna have to send my phone in for replacement. Thanks in advance.

There is a thread to change back to locked. My advice is to leave s off. Turning s on is a can of worms you may not want to open,and not needed for warranty.

It's especially dangerous with vzw and may leave you with an unusable phone.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by scotty1223; 12th April 2014 at 10:51 AM.
30th April 2014, 03:27 AM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1223

There is a thread to change back to locked. My advice is to leave s off. Turning s on is a can of worms you may not want to open,and not needed for warranty.

It's especially dangerous with vzw and may leave you with an unusable phone.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using xda app-developers app

Won't Verizon refuse a return if they find the phone with an unlocked bootloader?

That's my concern...I'm back to stock recovery and stock Rom, but I still show unlocked and s-off in boot loader and (reasons aside) I need to return the phone.

...?
30th April 2014, 10:12 AM |#4  
scotty1223's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,771
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonsco

Won't Verizon refuse a return if they find the phone with an unlocked bootloader?

That's my concern...I'm back to stock recovery and stock Rom, but I still show unlocked and s-off in boot loader and (reasons aside) I need to return the phone.

...?

I didn't say to leave an unlocked bootloader. I said to leave s off.

Sent from my HTC PG09410 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes