Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Add/Remove/Change Position Of Capacitive Buttons ?

Tip us?

JaY iZz BaKk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Smile [Q] Add/Remove/Change Position Of Capacitive Buttons ?

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible via an app or mod to add or remove or change the position of the capacitive buttons.

Currently the stock M8 Sense format is Back, Home, Switcher.

I would like to know if it is possible to make it Back, Menu, Home, Switcher, Search.

Please let me know I am dying for a regular menu and search button!

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaY iZz BaKk View Post
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible via an app or mod to add or remove or change the position of the capacitive buttons.

Currently the stock M8 Sense format is Back, Home, Switcher.

I would like to know if it is possible to make it Back, Menu, Home, Switcher, Search.

Please let me know I am dying for a regular menu and search button!
Why not just get to used to how Android is changing and not live in the past? It's not hard to get your head around it and it'll be easier then asking for mods people just don't want any more...
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Franco Kernel r19

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

Hellscythe
Old
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
Why not just get to used to how Android is changing and not live in the past? It's not hard to get your head around it and it'll be easier then asking for mods people just don't want any more...
Android is all about customization and personalisation.
It doesn't hurt to ask and see if it is possible, because it has been done before. So no need for such a douchebag kind of response.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellscythe View Post
Android is all about customization and personalisation.
It doesn't hurt to ask and see if it is possible, because it has been done before. So no need for such a douchebag kind of response.
OK, my response might've come across a bit 'off' but the principal is still the same. If the mod was wanted by the community then someone would've made it. Xposed might already have something similar available so might be worth looking at that option but I'd personally say it's better off to just get used to what Google are doing to make Android better (yes, better) and accept the change...
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Franco Kernel r19

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

Hellscythe
Old
(Last edited by Hellscythe; 29th April 2014 at 01:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 462
Quote:
OK, my response might've come across a bit 'off' but the principal is still the same. If the mod was wanted by the community then someone would've made it. Xposed might already have something similar available so might be worth looking at that option but I'd personally say it's better off to just get used to what Google are doing to make Android better (yes, better) and accept the change...
the dude just wants an extra search and menu button because that's his preference. Like I said before, Android is all about personalization and customization. If you don't like a change that has been applied, then there are possible methods it can be altered. Telling someone to "accept the change" is contrary to the purpose of XDA and Android. Heck if a guy wanted a gingerbread style status bar or something are you going to tell him "no, just accept the change, it was for the better?"
You shouldn't, because it's all about preference. While it might be better for the majority of the user base, he might not like it and there is nothing wrong with asking if someone has devised a method to apply that change, ESPECIALLY because he posted in the Q/A section.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hellscythe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JaY iZz BaKk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
It's about preference...I never demanded someone make it or complain about it not being available.

Just asking to see if it is available, no need for this type of response

boofhead
Old
Thanks Meter 5
check these out. just stick it on the back of the case and program buttons for what you want.

http://www.cnet.com/news/dimple-nfc-...ndroid-device/

Tags
buttons, capacative, change