Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it possible to unlock SM-P605V Galaxy note 10.1 Verizon?

Tip us?

T33H00
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Is it possible to unlock SM-P605V Galaxy note 10.1 Verizon?

I wanted to unlock the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 from Verizon but see no where can do it?
Please let me know if you have one

KwestJones
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
I have one and we weren't able to unlock with 4.3. I am curious whether anything changed under KK... but AFAIK... The answer is no.

Sent from my SM-P605V using Tapatalk
->MotoQ (Verizon) --> HTC Kaiser (AT&T) ---> iPhone 3GS 32G (Jailbroken) ---> Tmo HD2 ---> Sprint Hero ----> EVO ---> EVO 3D ---> --> Galaxy Nexus --> Motorola Xoom

>>>> Sprint Galaxy Note 3 - rooted
>>>> Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) - rooted, Knox untripped: www.towelroot.com (thanks geohot... You are the man)

Halldor
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Just root and flash a custom ROM from here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T33H00 View Post
I wanted to unlock the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 from Verizon but see no where can do it?
Please let me know if you have one
Just root and flash a custom ROM from here. I have never heard that you can NOT root a carrier specific device. I bought a T-Mobile version of P-605 from Germany and I unlocked it by rooting and flashing a custom ROM.

Cheers,

Halldor
Samsung Note II 7100
I flash every day

KwestJones
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halldor View Post
Just root and flash a custom ROM from here. I have never heard that you can NOT root a carrier specific device. I bought a T-Mobile version of P-605 from Germany and I unlocked it by rooting and flashing a custom ROM.

Cheers,

Halldor
The bootloader is locked. The current CF auto root methods do not work. Odin fails. At least they didn't before. If I am wrong please let me know.
->MotoQ (Verizon) --> HTC Kaiser (AT&T) ---> iPhone 3GS 32G (Jailbroken) ---> Tmo HD2 ---> Sprint Hero ----> EVO ---> EVO 3D ---> --> Galaxy Nexus --> Motorola Xoom

>>>> Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) - rooted, Knox untripped: www.towelroot.com (thanks geohot... You are the man)

Halldor
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwestJones View Post
The bootloader is locked. The current CF auto root methods do not work. Odin fails. At least they didn't before. If I am wrong please let me know.
Have you tried all methods? If nothing works then maybe you need to wait until someone cracks it? I have always been able to un-brand carrier specific devices.

Cheers,

Halldor
Samsung Note II 7100
I flash every day

KwestJones
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
I even tried the shady apps

The Following User Says Thank You to KwestJones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

youngwake
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I rooted it with Kingo. The root works just fine! Galaxy Note 2014 Verizon
Happy Flashing!

KwestJones
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
That didn't work for me.. I'll try again

KwestJones
Old
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Default Still doesn't work for me

Quote:
That didn't work for me.. I'll try again

No go on Kingo...did some reading up on it too...its not recommended as it may be trying to install some malware.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2518829

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442766

#ijs

Khazaad
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I even tried the shady apps

lol I genuinely appreciate your reckless testing. I'm not familiar enough with the process to be hopeful or hopeless about the future for dev on vzw bootloader shenanigans. I willingly let vroot attempt to get access on my vzw note 3, fail, then asked kingo to violate the sanctuary before getting it right. There's many people who know a LOT more than me who will swear up and down about risks being benign but I think it's undeniable the entire process is more than unsanitary.

I wouldn't sell my soul to the devil for root/vstrap on this device but then again... he has yet to make an offer.