Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Gear 2 laudspeaker test

OP MarcosNK

16th April 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 2

78 posts
More
Can someone post a video reviewing the loudspeaker?
16th April 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 197

1,726 posts
x2

Or please just tell us approximately how much louder is it than the gear 1.
17th April 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 808

4,088 posts
This is just a subjective observation (hope others can add their own)
I would say that it's louder. Not a very huge improvement, but louder. I would say 15% louder. (But remember, the reference is not very loud. I would still classify the 15% max improvement as (still) not very loud overall)

The sound is definitely richer though. It seems to have more "body".
Also, I would consider the placement of the speaker on the side as a worthwhile improvement. Especially for phone calls.
17th April 2014, 09:37 PM   |  #4  

1,726 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelflap

This is just a subjective observation (hope others can add their own)
I would say that it's louder. Not a very huge improvement, but louder. I would say 15% louder. (But remember, the reference is not very loud. I would still classify the 15% max improvement as (still) not very loud overall)

The sound is definitely richer though. It seems to have more "body".
Also, I would consider the placement of the speaker on the side as a worthwhile improvement. Especially for phone calls.

And with this post right here I will be waiting for the moto 360. Thank you very much for the input sir.
18th April 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht

4,088 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seh6183

And with this post right here I will be waiting for the moto 360. Thank you very much for the input sir.

So the moto 360 is louder?
18th April 2014, 06:06 AM   |  #6  

1,726 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by appelflap

So the moto 360 is louder?

No one knows that. And if it's only as loud as this watch then I'll skip it and wait for the next lol I need a megaphone on my arm that can shatter glass
18th April 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Utrecht

4,088 posts
Quote:

No one knows that. And if it's only as loud as this watch then I'll skip it and wait for the next lol I need a megaphone on my arm that can shatter glass

Right ! Fair enough. I use the watch a lot for phone calls. In that respect its better than the Gear 1 but still not perfect. I jumped on the new Gear bandwagon because I wanted to upgrade the quality of my Gear 1 asap and am truly skeptical about phone call support on the Android Wear devices. It sounds too much that they have figured it all out with Android Wear....
18th April 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
Quick question.. On my Gear 2, the speaker seems to distort easily (i.e crackly, etc) at anything but a very low volume. Is this normal? Is it because its just so tiny?
18th April 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
I put it this way. If you’re in a quiet room with no background noise its excellent. In the car its useable for a short period of time. (all with the volume on max) In a noisy room its no good. I will say this, its equally as good or even superior to the speakerphone on my S4. Also my wife who is the gadget hater cannot tell if I am talking to her on it and she hates when I have her on the speakerphone on the phone and can immediately tell.
30th April 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 100

663 posts
Quote:

More than that, we don't even know if the Moto 360 will be able to make calls. It may just have a mic on it for voice commands. I don't believe this aspect is clear or finalised yet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread