Post Reply

Moved from Galaxy S5 to which device?

OP nintendolinky

23rd April 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #41  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
I don't know why all these people are preferring up the M8. I have an M8, Note 3, S5 and 5s and none of them really lag unless you download a pirate app. The M8 is fast, does have a great design and awesome speakers. but the wasted bezel, below par camera and lack of option are a deal breaker. It is fast and zippy but because the lack of options. Its like the android version of the iphone lol. Great phone still!!!

People comparing the note 3 to the S5. Both are awesome phones. My preference would be the S5 over the Note 3. Note 3 is a power horse and that massive screen is awesome.....if you don't have a tablet or laptop lol. I prefer the S5 for a couple reasons, the camera, fingerprint scanner, and the 5.1 inch screen. The note 3's 5.7 inch screen isn't that much bigger, but having the bigger screen makes the phone huge and into the phablet category. Just awkward to use sometimes and I see no point of having a phablet when I have a phone, tablet, and laptop!

All phones listed above are awesome phones in their own respects, anyone owning any of them would be happy! Just a personal preference!
Last edited by dshunti28; 23rd April 2014 at 05:11 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dshunti28 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #42  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
323 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by apprentice

I 100% agree, I still prefer the Note 3 and really looking forward to seeing what the Note 4 has to offer!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

i have a note 3.

Looks like im screwed then lol.

i was going to use the note 3 for work and S5 for personal but i dont know now
29th April 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #43  
apprentice's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag NORWICH, England
Thanks Meter: 230
 
711 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2005
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by irzero

i have a note 3.

Looks like im screwed then lol.

i was going to use the note 3 for work and S5 for personal but i dont know now

They are both great phones but I prefer the larger screen/S-pen combo of the Note 3 and it will certainly be more than good enough until the Note 4 is released probably in August/September.
29th April 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #44  
skrapi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cardigan
Thanks Meter: 98
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
I won't be trading. I've played with I phones and they lag just as much. My s5 so far has improved from the s4 on the lag greatly. I think the phone is a great improvement. Waterproof? Hell yes. I live in a wet country and the s5 is doing good in wet weather and the bath lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
29th April 2014, 05:31 PM   |  #45  
Junior Member
Flag Castle Rock
Thanks Meter: 6
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrapi

I won't be trading. I've played with I phones and they lag just as much. My s5 so far has improved from the s4 on the lag greatly. I think the phone is a great improvement. Waterproof? Hell yes. I live in a wet country and the s5 is doing good in wet weather and the bath lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

First off, I wanted to clear this up: The S5 is Water Resistant, not Waterproof. Getting rained on? A-OK! Drop it in the toilet or bath, you're still good. Drop it in the ocean off a boat or in the deep end of your local pool, your SOL buddy.

Now that that's over with, I love my S5. I had a Droid X2 before briefly falling back on to the original Vibrant and it's everything I could want in an android device, spare the KNOX Security. I'd never go to Apple as I prefer to own my devices rather than rent them from the manufacturer.
29th April 2014, 11:04 PM   |  #46  
skrapi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cardigan
Thanks Meter: 98
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decesus

First off, I wanted to clear this up: The S5 is Water Resistant, not Waterproof. Getting rained on? A-OK! Drop it in the toilet or bath, you're still good. Drop it in the ocean off a boat or in the deep end of your local pool, your SOL buddy.

Now that that's over with, I love my S5. I had a Droid X2 before briefly falling back on to the original Vibrant and it's everything I could want in an android device, spare the KNOX Security. I'd never go to Apple as I prefer to own my devices rather than rent them from the manufacturer.

I dropped it in my pond outside and that's about 5 foot deep. Took about 10 minutes to find it and it was working fine after getting the rubbish off it. Obviously this doesn't say its 100% waterproof but it is good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
29th April 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #47  
Junior Member
Flag Castle Rock
Thanks Meter: 6
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrapi

I dropped it in my pond outside and that's about 5 foot deep. Took about 10 minutes to find it and it was working fine after getting the rubbish off it. Obviously this doesn't say its 100% waterproof but it is good.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Wow, that's awesome! I understand they may understate some feature to err on the side of caution, so it's good to hear that at times the water resistance is better than stated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Decesus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #48  
skrapi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cardigan
Thanks Meter: 98
 
417 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decesus

Wow, that's awesome! I understand they may understate some feature to err on the side of caution, so it's good to hear that at times the water resistance is better than stated.

I'm hoping it wasn't just luck on my side. I saw a video on YouTube odd a guy putting it into a pool for an hour or something and it worked perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
29th April 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #49  
kms108's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 851
 
4,748 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
The time and depth is just estimate, they have to play safe, that doesn't mean you can go swimming or put it in water for as long as you like.
The Following User Says Thank You to kms108 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #50  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 100
 
596 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoUevenRoot

I've had mine since Saturday and haven't noticed any lag at all... I also did the update right away and removed lookout though. Also, once you root, you'll see the stock cache size is 128k on the cfq scheduler. I set it to 4096 and test-iosched and, well, you be the judge...

What app is that btw?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 5 General by ThreadRank