No registration required

AT&T Repairs

OP GalaxyUser50

27th April 2014, 11:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

95 posts
Hello,
I have the purple camera issue on my HTC one and was going to have it repaired at an AT&T Store. Basically my device is S-OFF, unlocked, and running the Google Play Edition RUU. Any one have their phone repaired thats similar to mine. I don't think they'd actually check that stuff, but maybe. Hopefully someone has done this before.

Thanks,
GalaxyUser50
28th April 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #2  
Flag Topeka, Kansas
Thanks Meter: 1,308

817 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have AT&T as well but since I purchased my ONE over the phone since it was a phone only deal, I had to get it repaired also over the phone and I had to send back 3 phones(all kept having problems) until I finally got a perfect phone. All the phones I had S-off, and unlocked and rooted and they never said anything about it.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
28th April 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxAffliction

I have AT&T as well but since I purchased my ONE over the phone since it was a phone only deal, I had to get it repaired also over the phone and I had to send back 3 phones(all kept having problems) until I finally got a perfect phone. All the phones I had S-off, and unlocked and rooted and they never said anything about it.

Thanks for the reply, so basically they repaired them? or sent you new ones?
28th April 2014, 09:36 AM   |  #4  
Flag Topeka, Kansas
Thanks Meter: 1,308

817 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyUser50

Thanks for the reply, so basically they repaired them? or sent you new ones?

Sent me factory "refurbished" ones. One had purple problem again but worse, the others had yellow dim looking screens..not bright or vivid at all so returned them too. Number 4 is going strong fingers crossed lol

The Following User Says Thank You to FauxAffliction For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 66

187 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalaxyUser50

Hello,
I have the purple camera issue on my HTC one and was going to have it repaired at an AT&T Store. Basically my device is S-OFF, unlocked, and running the Google Play Edition RUU. Any one have their phone repaired thats similar to mine. I don't think they'd actually check that stuff, but maybe. Hopefully someone has done this before.

Thanks,
GalaxyUser50

No one checks for S-Off. At least no one I talked to. Most of them don't even know what that is, and it's pretty hidden on the Hboot page unless you are looking for it. However, you should probably relock your devices so you don't have the awesome "this is for development purposes" splash screen when the phone boots up.

I recommend using Guru Bootloader reset, since it will not come up with a "relocked" tag but will just say "locked".

http://www.htc1guru.com/guides/lock-bootloader/

Just flash in recover! I've used it a few times already.
The Following User Says Thank You to zerogun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread