Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

android 4.4 development, fragment_main.xml?

Tip us?

vondeser
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default android 4.4 development, fragment_main.xml?

Hi,
I started learning Android this past fall , I stopped for a while, I recently started again , I downloaded the adt and updated a d noticed fragment_main.xml auto generated with it. My question is , the books and tutorials I have don't have this xml while in them ,I've searched every where and there are nothing for it , I did read up on it on the android decmv site , do I need to use the fragment main.xml file instead of the activity Main.?

Faulkj1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vondeser View Post
Hi,
I started learning Android this past fall , I stopped for a while, I recently started again , I downloaded the adt and updated a d noticed fragment_main.xml auto generated with it. My question is , the books and tutorials I have don't have this xml while in them ,I've searched every where and there are nothing for it , I did read up on it on the android decmv site , do I need to use the fragment main.xml file instead of the activity Main.?
I have noticed the same thing and have not really got any clear answers, have you discovered why it is or how to revert back?