Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,970 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I use my Sprint HTC One M8 on international GSM networks?

Tip us?

realchinky
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Can I use my Sprint HTC One M8 on international GSM networks?

We all know that the HTC One M8 has a sim card tray. And I plan on going to the Philippines next month and use Smart's network in the Philippines for a month. Is it possible with the Sprint Version? I know its possible with the Verizon M8.
Phones: HTC One M8 (Sprint). [RETIRED]HTC Evo 4G LTE, Samsung Galaxy S4
Rooted HTC EVO 4G LTE Rockin' Sense 5.5 Port V4

hazmad
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by realchinky View Post
We all know that the HTC One M8 has a sim card tray. And I plan on going to the Philippines next month and use Smart's network in the Philippines for a month. Is it possible with the Sprint Version? I know its possible with the Verizon M8.
Yes, it has the correct frequency to run voice/data in Philippines. It needs Nano-Sim. You'll need to sim unlock your phone. Do your research on this.

I haven't tested method:
http://androidnews.co.in/2014/04/10/...c-one-m8-free/

mancaalberto
Old
Thanks Meter 3
As we all know sprint will unlock it after staying with them for 90 days, but more often than not an alternative method is needed. There is a working method for the M7 that i have tried. I would be interested if anyone had any luck in unlocking the sprint M8.

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
Yes, it has the correct frequency to run voice/data in Bangladesh. It needs Nano-Sim. You'll need to unlock your phone.

subhumanderelict
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by realchinky View Post
Once you SIM-unlock, you should be able to get some HSPA data, but since the carriers there only offer LTE on 1800 and 2100 MHz, you won't get 4G.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mancaalberto
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhumanderelict View Post
Once you SIM-unlock, you should be able to get some HSPA data, but since the carriers there only offer LTE on 1800 and 2100 MHz, you won't get 4G.

I would be fine living without the 4G, but first we need to somehow sim-unlock the device. Is anyone working on this yet?

subhumanderelict
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancaalberto View Post
I would be fine living without the 4G, but first we need to somehow sim-unlock the device. Is anyone working on this yet?
Check this thread out:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2718150