Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can I use my Sprint HTC One M8 on international GSM networks?

OP realchinky

11th April 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Parker
Thanks Meter: 25

123 posts
More
We all know that the HTC One M8 has a sim card tray. And I plan on going to the Philippines next month and use Smart's network in the Philippines for a month. Is it possible with the Sprint Version? I know its possible with the Verizon M8.
12th April 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realchinky

We all know that the HTC One M8 has a sim card tray. And I plan on going to the Philippines next month and use Smart's network in the Philippines for a month. Is it possible with the Sprint Version? I know its possible with the Verizon M8.

Yes, it has the correct frequency to run voice/data in Philippines. It needs Nano-Sim. You'll need to sim unlock your phone. Do your research on this.

I haven't tested method:
http://androidnews.co.in/2014/04/10/...c-one-m8-free/
29th April 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
As we all know sprint will unlock it after staying with them for 90 days, but more often than not an alternative method is needed. There is a working method for the M7 that i have tried. I would be interested if anyone had any luck in unlocking the sprint M8.
29th April 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 23

384 posts
Yes, it has the correct frequency to run voice/data in Bangladesh. It needs Nano-Sim. You'll need to unlock your phone.
30th April 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag Chicago, Il
Thanks Meter: 79

259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realchinky

Once you SIM-unlock, you should be able to get some HSPA data, but since the carriers there only offer LTE on 1800 and 2100 MHz, you won't get 4G.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
30th April 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhumanderelict

Once you SIM-unlock, you should be able to get some HSPA data, but since the carriers there only offer LTE on 1800 and 2100 MHz, you won't get 4G.

I would be fine living without the 4G, but first we need to somehow sim-unlock the device. Is anyone working on this yet?
30th April 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago, Il
Thanks Meter: 79

259 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancaalberto

I would be fine living without the 4G, but first we need to somehow sim-unlock the device. Is anyone working on this yet?

Check this thread out:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2718150

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread