FORUMS

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

Bricked (Broken?) Kindle

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Bil Edwards, Junior Member on 27th April 2014, 03:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Dear All

Please be patient with me - I've read so many different threads and tried so many things that I am losing the will to live. I am a complete novice and have broken my Kindle Fire HD

I originally rooted it and installed CM, but it wouldn't boot. The screen comes on showing kindle in white writing and fire in orange writing. The kindle fire logo then flashes on and off slowly, but doesn't do anything else. It isn't recognised by my PC.

I brought a factory cable from eBay. When I plug in the kindle the kindle shows "fastboot kindle fire". I've tried several different fix utilities, but nothing changes the state of the kindle. They just hang with a message "waiting for device". In device manager the kindle is shown as TATE-PVT-08 with no drivers installed. When I try to install drivers I get an error "Install Failed".

Any suggestions please?

I apologise in advance if I have posted in the wrong place or breached any forum protocol - I am desperate

Many Thanks

Bill
 
 
27th April 2014, 06:52 PM |#2  
stunts513's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Braunfels, TX
Thanks Meter: 621
 
Donate to Me
More
OK well what os is your computer running because I can think of a reason or 2 why the drivers would fail. I'm going to guess windows 7 or 8. If it is windows 8 you will need to disable driver signature enforcement. I've heard the same for windows 7 64 bit but I have it myself and it only prompts me if I want to install anyways.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk
27th April 2014, 07:59 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag St Albans
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513

OK well what os is your computer running because I can think of a reason or 2 why the drivers would fail. I'm going to guess windows 7 or 8. If it is windows 8 you will need to disable driver signature enforcement. I've heard the same for windows 7 64 bit but I have it myself and it only prompts me if I want to install anyways.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Thank you for that. I am using windows 8.1. I've followed the instructions and disabled driver signature enforcement. I've installed the drivers and tried a couple of the "unbrick" utilities. One, KFHD_SRTv1.3.5 says it has unbricked the Kindle, but I still don't get past the flashing kindlefire screen. Other utilities say they cant find the device. It is showing in device manager with the drivers correctly working.
28th April 2014, 12:13 AM |#4  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 432
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bil Edwards

Thank you for that. I am using windows 8.1. I've followed the instructions and disabled driver signature enforcement. I've installed the drivers and tried a couple of the "unbrick" utilities. One, KFHD_SRTv1.3.5 says it has unbricked the Kindle, but I still don't get past the flashing kindlefire screen. Other utilities say they cant find the device. It is showing in device manager with the drivers correctly working.

Use option 3

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to LinearEquation For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2014, 08:58 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag St Albans
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearEquation

Use option 3

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Brilliant, that's done the trick, many thanks.

I just need to find out how to root it now
30th April 2014, 01:49 PM |#6  
LinearEquation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 432
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bil Edwards

Brilliant, that's done the trick, many thanks.

I just need to find out how to root it now

Use Root Many Android by Binary.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes