Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem with kitkat ROM

Tip us?
 
Vitorsousa_20
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] Problem with kitkat ROM

Hi, i recentry rooted my samsung s3 mini for installing the new kitkat rom.
So, i followed the steps, saved the new ROM on my external sd card and formated the system.
The problem is this: when i was browsing the zip file with the ROM on the costume recovery menu (I have ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.7), a message appears saying "no files found".
So now I canīt reebot my phone beacause it has no OS and I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
 
mauam
Old
#2  
mauam's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6535
Posts: 3,989
Join Date: Jan 2011
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitorsousa_20 View Post
Hi, i recentry rooted my samsung s3 mini for installing the new kitkat rom.
So, i followed the steps, saved the new ROM on my external sd card and formated the system.
The problem is this: when i was browsing the zip file with the ROM on the costume recovery menu (I have ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.7), a message appears saying "no files found".
So now I canīt reebot my phone beacause it has no OS and I don't know how to fix this. Can anyone help me?

Thanks


Never, ever format the system.

If you're on stock just do that:
1-Reboot in recovery
2-Choose Wipe data/factory reset
3-Flash cm rom
4-Flash gapps
5-Reboot
Done, that's it.

If you want to update cm roms (or any rom):
1-Reboot in recovery
2-Flash cm update
3-Choose Wipe cache & dalvik cache
4-Reboot
Done.

You don't need to mess up with anything more.

P.S. better use twrp 2.7 from novafusion, for better compatibility.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vitorsousa_20
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam View Post

Never, ever format the system.

If you're on stock just do that:
1-Reboot in recovery
2-Choose Wipe data/factory reset
3-Flash cm rom
4-Flash gapps
5-Reboot
Done, that's it.

If you want to update cm roms (or any rom):
1-Reboot in recovery
2-Flash cm update
3-Choose Wipe cache & dalvik cache
4-Reboot
Done.

You don't need to mess up with anything more.

P.S. better use twrp 2.7 from novafusion, for better compatibility.


Thanks but it still doesn't work. I want to flash the rom but the rom file its in the external sd card and it says that there are no files found. And when i hook up the phone to my pc the phone is detected, however I canīt acess the sd card.
Maybe if there's a way for me to acess the ext. sd card and change the rom file for the internal memory it would work. Do you know how can i do this?
 
armadiljo
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitorsousa_20 View Post
Thanks but it still doesn't work. I want to flash the rom but the rom file its in the external sd card and it says that there are no files found. And when i hook up the phone to my pc the phone is detected, however I canīt access the sd card.
Maybe if there's a way for me to acess the ext. sd card and change the rom file for the internal memory it would work. Do you know how can i do this?
Euhm, it might be a weird idea, but you take your external SD-card, put it in your card reader, connect the card reader to your pc, and copy the zip to (let's say) the root of the SD-card

CWM should be fine, but I'm used to TWRP. You can find it on the novafusion website. (search novafusion TWRP)

If you can't boot into CWM or TWRP, or files still don't show up on the browsermodule in the recovery rom, you still have the possibility to flash your ROM using odin. Check the installation guide on novafusion, it gives you a link to all the files you need and a detailed description how to install your rom.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes