Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App] Album app new UI update is rolling out

Tip us?

XperiaS_Lt26i
Old
Thanks Meter 57
I replace the album app with this version, but somehow always force close when I open it, even after I clear data + cache, what's the solution?

mnsk
Old
Thanks Meter 67
I am too getting random force close with new album.

FahmyAbou
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperiaS_Lt26i View Post
I replace the album app with this version, but somehow always force close when I open it, even after I clear data + cache, what's the solution?
On which Android version are you?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

XperiaS_Lt26i
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by FahmyAbou View Post
On which Android version are you?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
kitkat 4.4.2

FahmyAbou
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperiaS_Lt26i View Post
kitkat 4.4.2
That's strange. I'm running stock 4.4.2 with firmware 757 and download the app from the link in the forum and it works without any problems.

kazukiflame
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felimenta97 View Post
Why are you waiting after all? Just download the apk in this thread and enjoy the update. It won't do any harm.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
its not about why i'm waiting, its about why i'm not getting the update notification and appears to be a lot of other ppl as well. i just want to know does anyone with .757 got the updates or is my rom keeping me from receiving update, if i can't receive this does that mean i can't receive ota updates in the future. that is the part i'm curious about, i don't actually care about the app.

blikie
Old
Thanks Meter 9

I installed it as apk at the end it says failed to install then i check the album and got the new ui.
Everything seems to work fine except this media server setting is out of place. I can access it no problem but the overlapping looks horrible. Any one else have this issue?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

cingolat
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Received this morning the update......really cool the new album app.......z1 completely stock 757 no root no unlocked bootloader and always updated firmware trough sus......
Cingolat®

Wiltron
Old
(Last edited by Wiltron; 30th April 2014 at 02:45 PM.) Reason: Stock 757, Rooted, Locked BL
Thanks Meter 45
Had the option to update it today (post date). I did, then uninstalled it right after. Here's why
  • Open App, shows me some random assortment of all the photos on my device in no order
  • Doesn't let me set which view I want to use by default (I want to use folder/list view!)
  • Slow to load animated GIFs, if they load at all
  • Even with "Extensions" uninstalled by TiBu, still shows "shortcuts" to Flickr, Facebook, etc.
  • Shows me "Play Memories" and other bloat that I can't turn off/disable/uninstall
  • One accidental click to the above and it wants me to download additional bloat

Back to quickpic I go.. simple, fast, no useless **** and bloat.
You only need 39 digits of pi to calculate the circumference of the observable universe to within a hydrogen atom.
Learn more at www.everydaysciencestuff.com