Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung galaxy s4 (i337m) rogers root fail! Possible brick!

Tip us?

djkaozz
Old
(Last edited by djkaozz; 29th April 2014 at 04:09 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Samsung galaxy s4 (i337m) rogers root fail! Possible brick!

OK first off I going to express my deepest apologies for starting a thread with an issue that has probably been answered 100 times... My problem is that I have tried every possible phrase that I know for search term pertaining to my particular issue and I am still stuck. SO I will be as details as possible and I hope and pray that at LEAST if I get kicked for starting this and the thread being shutdown, that someone will have posted "heres the link numb nuts be more careful next time".

OK so on with my issue. I have a Rogers Samsung Galaxy S4 I337M on 4.3, I tried to use chainfire's latest cf-Autoroot to root my phone and it just failed. Here is the log:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> There is no PIT partition.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.

As you can see when odin could not find the PIT I downloaded one and retried.

Anyway now I'm stuck on this:

and the top left may be important so here is the clearest shot of that:

Now I have tried to flash stock firmware that I downloaded from sammobile AND samsung update and no matter how many times I try to flash its the same thing over and over again (log):

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I337MVLUEMK6_I337MOYAEMK6_I337MVLUEMK6_HOME.tar.md 5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.

I then thought about trying Kies. First problem, Emergency firmware did not list my device. Then I tried firmware upgrade and initialize and even though the start button wouldn't show unless I plugged the phone in as download mode, once the firmware was finished downloading and ready to flash it would give me an error saying it couldn't not detect my device.

I am not sure is this is EVERYTHING I could have tried but to MY knowledge it is. Please help

And my deepest gratitude to anyway and all who point me to the right direction. I hope I have been as detailed as I possibly can be.

mattdm
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkaozz View Post
And my deepest gratitude to anyway and all who point me to the right direction. I hope I have been as detailed as I possibly can be.
Point you to the right direction, huh? How about the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting subforum? Posting questions like this in the development subforum is a no-no.
Phone: Galaxy S4 Mini Black Edition (GT-9195)
Firmware: SlimKat
Launcher: Google Experience Launcher

Previous phones: Samsung E317, Motorola KRZR K1, Sony Ericsson w580i, Samsung Sync (SGH-A707), Sony Ericsson F305, Blackberry Bold 9700, Blackberry Torch 9800, AT&T Galaxy SII (SGH-I777), Nexus 5, AT&T Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337)

So say we all.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattdm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djkaozz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdm View Post
Point you to the right direction, huh? How about the Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting subforum? Posting questions like this in the development subforum is a no-no.
This is a start, my apologies AND a big thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to djkaozz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Buddyjohn
Old
Thanks Meter 15
i encountered this before. although i cannot remember how i fixed it. few things to try though.

option A: download a stock rom from sammobile it is pretty straight forward on the site to select the correct stock rom. be careful when selecting though. make sure you get the correct version to match the bootloader. ex download the 4.4.2 stock rom from rogers if you had 4.4.2. the rom from sammobile is odin flash only. so put it in the pda and make sure your phone is in download mode if you can get to it

option B: if you cant get to download mode then you will have to try the firmware emergency recovery option on the actual samsung keis program. I cannot remember the steps for this but a google search should give directions

if either of these work you will be brought back to square one where you can start the root process over again. this time try a different rooting method. just incase.
--Buddyjohn--

Phone: SGH-I337M
Android: 4.4.2
Kernel: Ktoonz
ROM: C-Rom
Recovery: T.W.R.P 2.7.0.1

Phone: GT-I9100
Android 4.3.1
Kernel: stock
ROM: BAM-Rom v1.0.0-REL
Mods: N/A

djkaozz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddyjohn View Post
i encountered this before. although i cannot remember how i fixed it. few things to try though.

option A: download a stock rom from sammobile it is pretty straight forward on the site to select the correct stock rom. be careful when selecting though. make sure you get the correct version to match the bootloader. ex download the 4.4.2 stock rom from rogers if you had 4.4.2. the rom from sammobile is odin flash only. so put it in the pda and make sure your phone is in download mode if you can get to it

option B: if you cant get to download mode then you will have to try the firmware emergency recovery option on the actual samsung keis program. I cannot remember the steps for this but a google search should give directions

if either of these work you will be brought back to square one where you can start the root process over again. this time try a different rooting method. just incase.
the problem is i did this and no matter what i am getting the results that are posted in the log above.

any other suggestions out there?

i appreciate the responses so far. thank you

Buddyjohn
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Did you try the option that doesn't involve Odin? Also try changing USB cables

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
--Buddyjohn--

Phone: SGH-I337M
Android: 4.4.2
Kernel: Ktoonz
ROM: C-Rom
Recovery: T.W.R.P 2.7.0.1

Phone: GT-I9100
Android 4.3.1
Kernel: stock
ROM: BAM-Rom v1.0.0-REL
Mods: N/A

Adizzzle
Old
Thanks Meter 796

DONATE TO ME
Use a different computer?

djkaozz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adizzzle View Post
Use a different computer?
thats another option i have tried to no success. it seems that even with the pit file its failing but no reason as to why

djkaozz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default FIXED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkaozz View Post
thats another option i have tried to no success. it seems that even with the pit file its failing but no reason as to why
wow.... i fixed it... the solution is SO STUPID that embarrassed to say it.