Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,312 Members 52,694 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted encrypted phone, now will not boot.

Tip us?

Evelmike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooted encrypted phone, now will not boot.

I have a Sprint Galaxy S4, stock ROM, latest Sprint OTA updates. It was encrypted.

I followed rooting instructions found on QbKing77's YouTube channel for the Sprint Galaxy S4.

Phone rebooted as per process described in the video. Upon booting up, it requested my password for decryption. I entered my password, then green cut-in-half Android appears like it is decrypting, and then the phone powers off. The green android can be seen for maybe two seconds prior to the device powering down.

It does this every time I attempt to boot.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue, aside from flashing it?

I can factory reset and start from scratch if need be, but if a fix exists, I would definitely prefer that method.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide.

Evelmike
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelmike View Post
I have a Sprint Galaxy S4, stock ROM, latest Sprint OTA updates. It was encrypted.

I followed rooting instructions found on QbKing77's YouTube channel for the Sprint Galaxy S4.

Phone rebooted as per process described in the video. Upon booting up, it requested my password for decryption. I entered my password, then green cut-in-half Android appears like it is decrypting, and then the phone powers off. The green android can be seen for maybe two seconds prior to the device powering down.

It does this every time I attempt to boot.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue, aside from flashing it?

I can factory reset and start from scratch if need be, but if a fix exists, I would definitely prefer that method.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide.
After poking around the net a lot, I found nothing covering this. As this became very time-sensitive, I decided to initiate a System Recovery. If you know if a solution to this issue, aside from wiping the device, please feel free to post it anyway.

cruise350
Old
Thanks Meter 585
rooting and encryption do not play nice together. In the future root your phone first and then try to encrypt it.
Phones & Tablets: Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 8", Evo 4g LTE, Evo 3D, Acer Iconia A500, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Ipad 2, Nabi 2,

Rom: Rooted Stock Odexed, Hotspot Mod, Xposed, Wanum, several other xposed tweaks
Firmware: NAE
Kernel: Stock
TWRP: 2.7.1.0

The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]