Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rooted encrypted phone, now will not boot.

OP Evelmike

30th April 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I have a Sprint Galaxy S4, stock ROM, latest Sprint OTA updates. It was encrypted.

I followed rooting instructions found on QbKing77's YouTube channel for the Sprint Galaxy S4.

Phone rebooted as per process described in the video. Upon booting up, it requested my password for decryption. I entered my password, then green cut-in-half Android appears like it is decrypting, and then the phone powers off. The green android can be seen for maybe two seconds prior to the device powering down.

It does this every time I attempt to boot.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue, aside from flashing it?

I can factory reset and start from scratch if need be, but if a fix exists, I would definitely prefer that method.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide.
30th April 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelmike

I have a Sprint Galaxy S4, stock ROM, latest Sprint OTA updates. It was encrypted.

I followed rooting instructions found on QbKing77's YouTube channel for the Sprint Galaxy S4.

Phone rebooted as per process described in the video. Upon booting up, it requested my password for decryption. I entered my password, then green cut-in-half Android appears like it is decrypting, and then the phone powers off. The green android can be seen for maybe two seconds prior to the device powering down.

It does this every time I attempt to boot.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue, aside from flashing it?

I can factory reset and start from scratch if need be, but if a fix exists, I would definitely prefer that method.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide.

After poking around the net a lot, I found nothing covering this. As this became very time-sensitive, I decided to initiate a System Recovery. If you know if a solution to this issue, aside from wiping the device, please feel free to post it anyway.
30th April 2014, 04:22 PM   |  #3  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 591

1,873 posts
More
rooting and encryption do not play nice together. In the future root your phone first and then try to encrypt it.
The Following User Says Thank You to cruise350 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread