Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,298 Members 42,862 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Enough with thin glass protectors

Tip us?

thegios
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 93
Default Enough with thin glass protectors

I am one of those who has removed the useless plastic screen protector, to apply one of those thin glass protectors. Three times... All of them somehow splinter on the long edge. After all 0,2mm may seem thin, but they are enough to create a small step, and if the phone hits a ring, a key or anything sharp, the glass breaks.

My question is: what happens if I use the phone with no protection? Actually all the phones I have had in the past never had an additional protection on the screen.
SONY Xperia Z1 - KK 4.4.4 - 14.4.A.0.108 rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - JB 4.1.2 - N8000OXADNE4

hontouni
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios View Post
I am one of those who has removed the useless plastic screen protector, to apply one of those thin glass protectors. Three times... All of them somehow splinter on the long edge. After all 0,2mm may seem thin, but they are enough to create a small step, and if the phone hits a ring, a key or anything sharp, the glass breaks.

My question is: what happens if I use the phone with no protection? Actually all the phones I have had in the past never had an additional protection on the screen.
I had the same experience, tried one of the glass protectors and it chipped within the first weak. Ordered a 3 pack of plastic protectors for half the price and so far so good.

GR00VY GH0ULIE
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I ordered a Nillkin Amazin H screen protector and it's been awesome since day one! It's silky smooth and ridiculously durable (I tried scratching it with a steak knife and it did nothing!) but the only drawback is the coating on it as it gets kinda filmy every now and again but a quick buff with a dry washcloth or similar and it's great! I would totally recommend the Nillkin to any Z1 owner!!
I picture everyone on the internet (especially argumentative trolls) as Kip from Napolean Dynamite!!
The Following User Says Thank You to GR00VY GH0ULIE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kram.flores
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR00VY GH0ULIE View Post
I ordered a Nillkin Amazin H screen protector and it's been awesome since day one! It's silky smooth and ridiculously durable (I tried scratching it with a steak knife and it did nothing!) but the only drawback is the coating on it as it gets kinda filmy every now and again but a quick buff with a dry washcloth or similar and it's great! I would totally recommend the Nillkin to any Z1 owner!!
same here, been using NILKIN and no problem/s encountered

Aegethir
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Nillkin, all the way! Same here, have been using a Nillkin and no problems so far, no chipping, no scratches, it just works nicely.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Aegethir For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ckai
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Any particular place you guys get them from? Took my flip cover off to replace the sim, and man did I miss the thinness! I got a flip to avoid a screen protector but if you guys say nillkin is good, I'll give it a crack just to get the beauty back.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk 4

GR00VY GH0ULIE
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckai View Post
Any particular place you guys get them from? Took my flip cover off to replace the sim, and man did I miss the thinness! I got a flip to avoid a screen protector but if you guys say nillkin is good, I'll give it a crack just to get the beauty back.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk 4
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Nilki...405825486.html

I've ordered a few different cases and the Nillkin Amazing H from this site. Prices are awesome and delivery can take a few weeks though!
I picture everyone on the internet (especially argumentative trolls) as Kip from Napolean Dynamite!!

The Following User Says Thank You to GR00VY GH0ULIE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]