Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to keep home screen and widget settings between ROMs?

OP iiDeadSeriousii

30th April 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Providence
Thanks Meter: 11

132 posts
More
So one of the reasons I hesitate when switching ROMs is because I don't wanna go through the tedious process of setting up my homescreens and widgets. I know that Titanium Pro and Google Play backup my apps and can restore them for me after flashing a new ROM but it's the tedious stuff like signing into every app and organizing my folders and widgets that kills me.

Is there a setting in Titanium that allows me to save all that stuff? And am I using it wrong? When I flash a new ROM I should just skip the Google sign in process, disable the automatic restore from Google Play, and just launch Titanium right away? From there what do I choose if I want the apps and my personal settings back? Restore All Apps+Data? I don't do anything with System Data if I'm jumping between ROMs right? Do I select to "Keep the Previous ID" when it asks?

I know these are probably easy answers I just want to make sure I've been doing it right this whole time. I know how to keep my apps between ROMs flashing for the most part. I'd just like to keep my homescreen and widgets there too. I use Google Launcher btw and not Nova Prime anymore. I like the convenience of being able to say 'OK Google' and swiping left to get to Google Now.

Thanks in advance for the helps guys.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread