Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-Voice not working on Gear 2 Neo. Anyone else?

Tip us?

bullet2300
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default S-Voice not working on Gear 2 Neo. Anyone else?

Just realized there is a specific Gear 2 Neo forum... they should combine them. How confusing! Anyhow...

I used the S-Voice option once on my Gear2 Neo, then when I was going to use it a few hours later but it no longer works. I hit the Mic to send a talk command and it does the circle connecting icon, then says No response from server. Try again.

Anyone know why that is happening or how to fix it? Did some searching and haven't seen anyone else mentioning it.

Whoops, I should say I have the latest version of everything to my knowledge and am on a GS5. I check for updates for the Gear, Gear Manager, and GS5 and all up to date.

bullet2300
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet2300 View Post
Just realized there is a specific Gear 2 Neo forum... they should combine them. How confusing! Anyhow...

I used the S-Voice option once on my Gear2 Neo, then when I was going to use it a few hours later but it no longer works. I hit the Mic to send a talk command and it does the circle connecting icon, then says No response from server. Try again.

Anyone know why that is happening or how to fix it? Did some searching and haven't seen anyone else mentioning it.

Whoops, I should say I have the latest version of everything to my knowledge and am on a GS5. I check for updates for the Gear, Gear Manager, and GS5 and all up to date.
Silly me, S-Voice had updated and wanted me to re-go through tutorial or skip it. I hit skip and boom! Good to go.

Wilsonb
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'm having the same problem with my gear 2. I I had s voice working before, after an update recently it doesn't seem to work. It just says Connecting... And times out
Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app