Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,586 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LTE model users which already have .55 firmware - help from you needed!

Tip us?

Ricky D
Old
Thanks Meter 40

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skogstoken View Post
When you tested it under water, did you have air bubbles coming from the screen?
I've not tested holding it fully submerged for extended periods of time, but I haven't noticed any bubbles when washing it in the sink and fully submerging for up to 15 seconds at a time, but I don't plan on taking it scuba diving or underwater filming. For me to be able to wash it under the tap when it gets dirty after I was watching Game of Thrones whilst cooking is enough (or if it slips from my hands when in the bath watching a 'movie').

Skogstoken
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D View Post
I've not tested holding it fully submerged for extended periods of time, but I haven't noticed any bubbles when washing it in the sink and fully submerging for up to 15 seconds at a time, but I don't plan on taking it scuba diving or underwater filming. For me to be able to wash it under the tap when it gets dirty after I was watching Game of Thrones whilst cooking is enough (or if it slips from my hands when in the bath watching a 'movie').
When I fully submerged mine I got bubbles coming out from the top right corner (landscape mode) straight away, much like the movie posted on this forum in the Loose Bezel thread. I do agree tho, thats not how I would normally use the tablet but it worries me.

Chefproll
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Please note this (as the same questions come up again and again):
1) .55 does NOT solve the touchscreen problem.
2) It seems, many Z2 don't show any creaking tendencies right after delivery, BUT after using the tablet for some days.
3) My LTE Z2 had NO touchscreen and NO creaking issues right after unboxing, but came up with that two problems after two days of use.
4) Many Z2 have a warped, bent chassis, putting the device under constant physical tension. Peek along the sides of the Z2, and you'll see.
This might be the reason for "late" creaking and touchscreen issues. But this is just a guess.

I ordered another LTE Z2 yesterday, should hit the ground tomorrow. Let's see if it's a banana or not.

I'll try to open a separate thread for collecting information about bent devices, touchscreen and creaking issues. Maybe there's a connection.

hasenbein1966
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 157
Side note:

If you have a mouse and an USB OTG adaptor, you can freely mess around with the clearpad.idc file and alter values. (Root provided, just for those who haven't read all...)
If the touchscreen should stop working because of wrong values, you can always still edit the file with the mouse and thus repair it.

I will continue testing whether altering other values in clearpad.idc rectifies the touch problems and report when successful...