[Q] Anyone been able to S OFF Hboot 1.56, Firmware 4.20.980.1?

OP nateboi81

30th April 2014, 01:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 97

583 posts
More
I finally got my phone back from warranty. Yay it was a brand new phone. I cant for the life of me get S off on it. Im curious to know if anyone else has with this version. Firewater just gives up straight away saying the version is incompatible. Rumrunner just pours 8 times and then gives up. The drivers are installed fine, fastboot and adb works. Ive tried unsecured kernal on stock, and several custom roms and no luck. As its pretty new it probably isnt supported. But hey I thought i'd ask to see if someone has managed with any special tricks
30th April 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateboi81

I finally got my phone back from warranty. Yay it was a brand new phone. I cant for the life of me get S off on it. Im curious to know if anyone else has with this version. Firewater just gives up straight away saying the version is incompatible. Rumrunner just pours 8 times and then gives up. The drivers are installed fine, fastboot and adb works. Ive tried unsecured kernal on stock, and several custom roms and no luck. As its pretty new it probably isnt supported. But hey I thought i'd ask to see if someone has managed with any special tricks

i use firewater, hboot 1.56, work fine,.. make sure use usb 2.0 port, uninstall htc sync, kies and any other similiar software,.. and have data connection on the phone, wifi or mobile data
30th April 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 97

583 posts
More
As I said as soon as Firewater runs it says it doesn't like my version. The firmware is only a month old

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th April 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #4  
Flag Newcastle upon Tyne
Thanks Meter: 122

490 posts
More
You're out of luck unless another exploit is found for s off on your particular m7

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread