Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,765 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What control's the cell phone signal?

Tip us?

josephh71
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default What control's the cell phone signal?

I am using an unlocked ATT Note 2 on T-Mobile. I have great 4G! Coverage and Wifi works but the cellular signal hangs at one bar to 0 bars often going into emergency call only mode. After a while the signal will go back up to on or two bars and I get service again. What control's the cell phone signal (is it just an antenna or is it software based). I have flashed the original modem, the second upgraded modem and now I am on M6. The signal continues to do the excat same thing through each flash. I have tried different ROMS and the same thing occurs. I did not slight decrease in the jumps to "emergency call only" mode after upgrading to MK6. Are the an other things that I could try or should I have the internal antenna looked at?

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4737

DONATE TO ME
The modem controls the cell signal!! The antenna is in the top right corner. Ya know some cases cuz signal problems!!
Could be a number of things causing the problem...[emoji43]
And you are on the same modem I'm using fyi... MK6
It's not Rom related that's for SURE!!!
Notice you stated another thread kinda pertaining to the same THING!![emoji102][emoji782]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom I'm using with zero issues...
[4.4.2]DN3 V5(Ditto Note 3)

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]