[Q] Building CM from Sources - Jellybean Vs Jellybean-Ds Repos?

29th April 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 447

549 posts
More
I posted this question over on the Cyanogenmod forums, but honestly it doesn't look like there is much action over there, especially in regards to development. Almost everything I've read seems to be installation or request related.

I've already built and have installed CM-10 from the sources for my HTC Amaze 4G. Of course, I'm experiencing the same bugs on it that exist with the most recently available CM-10 nightlies from the main site. My goal is to squash the last few remaining bugs on this version before eventually proceeding with further development on newer branches.

My question is as follows: In the process of looking over different repos, both official and unofficial, I've noticed several incremental branches for which I can find no explanations online. For example, I can figure out that if a repo has both a jellybean and jellybean-stable branch the one marked stable is the one which was used to build the stable CM-10. However there are several branches marked with the "ds" label. For example, a jellybean and jellybean-ds, or CM10.1-ds. What does this "ds" stand for?

My guess is that "ds" means that it is "deemed stable", as in it's as stable as it's going to get, but no further development is taking place on that branch. However I'm by no means sure, which is why I'm posting. Adding confusion to the equation are several references to "double-shot" which seem to reference added performance features. Also, when there are multiple branches marked for example, jellybean, jellybean-ds, and jellybean-stable which would be the most current?

Someone with some insight please elaborate. TIA
Last edited by Odysseus1962; 1st May 2014 at 06:15 AM.
30th April 2014, 05:34 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 447

549 posts
More
My post fell back to page 7, so this is a bump. Someone has to know the answer. Anyone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
compilation, cyanogemmod, development
Previous Thread Next Thread