Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC One - Switching From Verizon to ATT

Tip us?

Mtru23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] HTC One - Switching From Verizon to ATT

Hello, It is my understanding that Verizon phones are unlocked. have an HTC One phone that I would like to switch from Verizon to ATT. When I put a new sim card in the phone, it seems the ATT network is being blocked. Any thoughts?

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtru23 View Post
Hello, It is my understanding that Verizon phones are unlocked. have an HTC One phone that I would like to switch from Verizon to ATT. When I put a new sim card in the phone, it seems the ATT network is being blocked. Any thoughts?
Vezion is a CDMA provider which does not use sim cards (only mini sims i think for specific devices) while att is GSM which uses both mini sims and regular sims.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat (4.4.2) XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113
Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.2) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations on amazon?
Chromecast
Stock
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

Mtru23
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default 33925666 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
Vezion is a CDMA provider which does not use sim cards (only mini sims i think for specific devices) while att is GSM which uses both mini sims and regular sims.
Thank you for your response. The HTC One has a mini sim card. I have an AT&T mini sim card to put in the phone, but when I do so it doesn't recognize the AT&T network and the CDMA/GSM setting is blocked. There is a way to switch networks. Could someone please help me out in identifying how? Thank you for your help in advance!

sleblanc1976
Old
(Last edited by sleblanc1976; 30th April 2014 at 06:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
Verizon LTE phones are all sold unlocked and use sims. Also every model that I can think of sold in the last couple of years has GSM bands to be sold as "world phones". I appreciate the attempt to be helpful, but spreading misinformation is the opposite of that. After some more trial and error, it was an ATT provisioning issue