[Q] HTC One - Switching From Verizon to ATT

30th April 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello, It is my understanding that Verizon phones are unlocked. have an HTC One phone that I would like to switch from Verizon to ATT. When I put a new sim card in the phone, it seems the ATT network is being blocked. Any thoughts?
30th April 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtru23

Hello, It is my understanding that Verizon phones are unlocked. have an HTC One phone that I would like to switch from Verizon to ATT. When I put a new sim card in the phone, it seems the ATT network is being blocked. Any thoughts?

Vezion is a CDMA provider which does not use sim cards (only mini sims i think for specific devices) while att is GSM which uses both mini sims and regular sims.
30th April 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
33925666 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

Vezion is a CDMA provider which does not use sim cards (only mini sims i think for specific devices) while att is GSM which uses both mini sims and regular sims.

Thank you for your response. The HTC One has a mini sim card. I have an AT&T mini sim card to put in the phone, but when I do so it doesn't recognize the AT&T network and the CDMA/GSM setting is blocked. There is a way to switch networks. Could someone please help me out in identifying how? Thank you for your help in advance!
30th April 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

Verizon LTE phones are all sold unlocked and use sims. Also every model that I can think of sold in the last couple of years has GSM bands to be sold as "world phones". I appreciate the attempt to be helpful, but spreading misinformation is the opposite of that. After some more trial and error, it was an ATT provisioning issue
Last edited by sleblanc1976; 30th April 2014 at 06:23 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank