Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best way to restore sms/mms and call logs

Tip us?

kubes069
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default [Q] Best way to restore sms/mms and call logs

I know I hear of Titanium Back up as being the best app to have on a rooted device but I don't know how to fully use it. I also don't know if it can restore every text message, sms AND MMS, which is kind of important to me.

I want to be able to switch roms and not have to worry about losing all my text messages. Is there a way to do this easily? I am willing to purchase an app if there is one that will fit these needs.

Also, if anyone can point me to where a guide is that will help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

ginger man
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Open tibu, hit menu, choose backup data to xml. I'm sure you can figure out the rest. This backs up sms, mms, and call logs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ginger man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kubes069
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger man View Post
Open tibu, hit menu, choose backup data to xml. I'm sure you can figure out the rest. This backs up sms, mms, and call logs.

Does this require paid version?

acdnykon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
There's a simple app for this call SMS Backup & Restore, just take a backup before you wipe store it on your external card. Then re-install the app after and point it to the backup and it restores all your SMS messages.

Download this right off the Play store. I believe it's made by Ritesh Sahu.

ginger man
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kubes069 View Post
Does this require paid version?
I'm not sure on that one. I've had paid version for years now so it's just always been there. Download free version and give it a shot I guess..

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdnykon View Post
There's a simple app for this call SMS Backup & Restore, just take a backup before you wipe store it on your external card. Then re-install the app after and point it to the backup and it restores all your SMS messages.

Download this right off the Play store. I believe it's made by Ritesh Sahu.
This only did sms not mms as far as I know.

The Following User Says Thank You to ginger man For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kubes069
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger man View Post
I'm not sure on that one. I've had paid version for years now so it's just always been there. Download free version and give it a shot I guess..

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

This only did sms not mms as far as I know.

thank you !!