Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] Stuck in a boot loop how to reset counter??

OP vazquezcmp

29th April 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 47

65 posts
Got an 'E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)' and did not previously backup EFS. Sending my phone to Tmobile, how can I reset counter if I'm stuck in a boot loop?

Is there a way to side load triangle away? or an ADB command?

I can get into recovery and download mode.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
29th April 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 750

1,982 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazquezcmp

Got an 'E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)' and did not previously backup EFS. Sending my phone to Tmobile, how can I reset counter if I'm stuck in a boot loop?

Is there a way to side load triangle away? or an ADB command?

I can get into recovery and download mode.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

How did you get to this point? Did you have a custom recovery running, if so which one? ROM? Did you try to revert from 4.3 to 4.1 via Odin? Have you done a wipe? What steps have you taken so far? Something as simple as kies emergency recover could get you back.

You may be able to recover.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
The Following User Says Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

65 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

How did you get to this point? Did you have a custom recovery running, if so which one? ROM? Did you try to revert from 4.3 to 4.1 via Odin? Have you done a wipe? What steps have you taken so far? Something as simple as kies emergency recover could get you back.

You may be able to recover.

I got into this I believe by accidentally wiping 'system' via TWRP. I was wiping the phone to trade, and believe I wiped more than I should have. I have flashed back to TMO_T889UVUCMK7 stock via Odin, same boot loop.

I tried the Kies Emergency Initiasin and it goes through successfully. Then I boot into stock recovery, wipe cache and wipe data, and it will boot back into a boot loop.

I would even consider flashing a Pit File at this point.
29th April 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

65 posts
* BUMP* Anyone?
30th April 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #5  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 750

1,982 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazquezcmp

I got into this I believe by accidentally wiping 'system' via TWRP. I was wiping the phone to trade, and believe I wiped more than I should have. I have flashed back to TMO_T889UVUCMK7 stock via Odin, same boot loop.

I tried the Kies Emergency Initiasin and it goes through successfully. Then I boot into stock recovery, wipe cache and wipe data, and it will boot back into a boot loop.

I would even consider flashing a Pit File at this point.

Which TWRP version were you using? I had a problem on an early version of TWRP 2.7 not playing nice with 4.1.2 and corrupted a partition in a way that looked very much like the way you describe. I got back by doing 2x factory resets, and Odining Mr Robinson's root66 ROM twice. I was on the latest 4.1.2 bootloader so I just flashed the UVALJ1 version and it came back. If you have the Knox bootloader you are stuck with UVCMK7 as your only option.

Once I did that I was able to boot up and get back to where I wanted to be.

The Following User Says Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

65 posts
Thumbs up
Thanks Coug, I'll give it a go and report back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
counter reset, efs, triangle away
Previous Thread Next Thread