Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,969 Members 37,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck in a boot loop how to reset counter??

Tip us?
 
vazquezcmp
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jun 2010
Question [Q] Stuck in a boot loop how to reset counter??

Got an 'E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)' and did not previously backup EFS. Sending my phone to Tmobile, how can I reset counter if I'm stuck in a boot loop?

Is there a way to side load triangle away? or an ADB command?

I can get into recovery and download mode.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
 
Coug76
Old
#2  
Coug76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 698
Posts: 1,897
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: East of Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazquezcmp View Post
Got an 'E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)' and did not previously backup EFS. Sending my phone to Tmobile, how can I reset counter if I'm stuck in a boot loop?

Is there a way to side load triangle away? or an ADB command?

I can get into recovery and download mode.

Any and all help will be appreciated.
How did you get to this point? Did you have a custom recovery running, if so which one? ROM? Did you try to revert from 4.3 to 4.1 via Odin? Have you done a wipe? What steps have you taken so far? Something as simple as kies emergency recover could get you back.

You may be able to recover.


Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
The Following User Says Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vazquezcmp
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76 View Post
How did you get to this point? Did you have a custom recovery running, if so which one? ROM? Did you try to revert from 4.3 to 4.1 via Odin? Have you done a wipe? What steps have you taken so far? Something as simple as kies emergency recover could get you back.

You may be able to recover.


Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

I got into this I believe by accidentally wiping 'system' via TWRP. I was wiping the phone to trade, and believe I wiped more than I should have. I have flashed back to TMO_T889UVUCMK7 stock via Odin, same boot loop.

I tried the Kies Emergency Initiasin and it goes through successfully. Then I boot into stock recovery, wipe cache and wipe data, and it will boot back into a boot loop.

I would even consider flashing a Pit File at this point.
 
vazquezcmp
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jun 2010
* BUMP* Anyone?
 
Coug76
Old
#5  
Coug76's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 698
Posts: 1,897
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: East of Seattle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vazquezcmp View Post
I got into this I believe by accidentally wiping 'system' via TWRP. I was wiping the phone to trade, and believe I wiped more than I should have. I have flashed back to TMO_T889UVUCMK7 stock via Odin, same boot loop.

I tried the Kies Emergency Initiasin and it goes through successfully. Then I boot into stock recovery, wipe cache and wipe data, and it will boot back into a boot loop.

I would even consider flashing a Pit File at this point.
Which TWRP version were you using? I had a problem on an early version of TWRP 2.7 not playing nice with 4.1.2 and corrupted a partition in a way that looked very much like the way you describe. I got back by doing 2x factory resets, and Odining Mr Robinson's root66 ROM twice. I was on the latest 4.1.2 bootloader so I just flashed the UVALJ1 version and it came back. If you have the Knox bootloader you are stuck with UVCMK7 as your only option.

Once I did that I was able to boot up and get back to where I wanted to be.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
The Following User Says Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
vazquezcmp
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 63
Join Date: Jun 2010
Thanks Coug, I'll give it a go and report back.
Tags
counter reset, efs, triangle away
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more

And the Winners in the XDA Pebble Development Challenge Are…

Almost two months ago, we set out with Pebble to findthree amazing … more

MediaTek Releases Full Kernel Source for First Android One Devices

Those who might have thought that MediaTek wouldnever release working … more