Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,834 Members 46,561 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Got my Omate yesterday! Now What?

Tip us?

manfly9884
Old
Thanks Meter 14
As a noob to this device. What ROM recommendations do you all have?
OPPO Find 5
ROM: Asylum

Nexus 4
ROM: ParanoidAndroid

http://twitter.com/ChrisGaldames[/url]

Android: Setting you free.

wmandel
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent999 View Post
You can do that, install the Play Store and necessary GApps to support it via a link to an AndroidPolice article you will find in a number of places. If you do though, the watch is totally open to any malicious app that might want your passwords, like to your Google account, since everything on the unlatched TrueSmart runs with root privileges by default. Wide open, except for well behaved apps that ask for root through SU...those won't work (like Root Explorer) because there is no su to ask for elevated privileges. I think I got that mostly right ?

Anyway, unless you have some particular reason to run your TrueSmart totally insecurely, exposing all the private data and credentials it ever touches, run Loki's Enhanced Security patch immediately. Before you first type in your Google account credentials.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
i'd love to run Loki's patch but im not too technically inclined and would love a step by step walk thru of how you do it and what will it look like and do once its installed,

XDA PORTAL POSTS

Slate Calendar Helps You Organize Your Life

Without calendars in some form or another, most of our lives would be utter chaos. Unless you are … more

Shane Francis to Talk Android, Robotics, and Vision at XDA:DevCon 2014

Our international xda:devcon 14in Manchester, UK on the weekend of … more

LG G Watch Tool is a Toolkit all Owners Need

The LG G Watch is one of the first two devices hitting the market rocking the highly anticipated … more

Benchmark Your CPU Performance with Mini CPU Integer Script

When it comes to device testing, there are two types of people on XDA. The first … more