[Q] Steps for getting a custom ROM on ATT s4 with MF3?
I am going to apologize in advance...the little time i have every day to scour the forums here...i have been trying to nail down all the steps and haven't really gotten a grasp on this so i am hoping someone can guide me instead of telling me to search (more)...
I have a AT&T S4 on 4.2.2 MF3
- that i have already rooted
- that i have soft unlocked to work on any carrier i.e. Ultra mobile (which i am currently using)
- i have safestrap installed on it
Goal: get rid of the nasty bloated ATT 4.2.2 replaced with a custom ROM 4.3, transfer all my apps and settings over
- I understand there is no boot unlocker so no custom recovery.
- I want to make sure the process is fail safe, i can go back if something goes wrong - what do i need to do to ensure that
- how do i get the custom rom installed? which one? i want no bloat + TouchWiz (i am thinking Echo Rom or CyanogenMod ?)
- how do i transfer all my apps and settings?
- will i loose my root and unlock?
I appreciate any step by step in advance!