Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 46,485 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Issues with 4g

Tip us?

DREWHAMM974
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 581

DONATE TO ME
Default Issues with 4g

Okay all, I've got a T-Mobile M8 S-Off and Sim Unlocked using it on Straight Talk AT&T Sim. If I switch to LTE only I keep amazing 4G service but if I don't over half the time in the same area I'm on H. Any idea why this is? Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that switches to H if the LTE goes below a certain strength? With my Nexus 5 I never lose it so I am wondering also since I can set it as 4g only and keep service (but can't call out on LTE only setting) All help is appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

andrewnelson
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 23
https://at800.tv/find-out-more/the-problem/
i thing it may help you.

DREWHAMM974
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 581

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewnelson View Post
That's about a UK cable provider possibly getting service disrupted due to 4G rolling out? Not sure how that helps? Maybe wrong link?

subhumanderelict
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by DREWHAMM974 View Post
Okay all, I've got a T-Mobile M8 S-Off and Sim Unlocked using it on Straight Talk AT&T Sim. If I switch to LTE only I keep amazing 4G service but if I don't over half the time in the same area I'm on H. Any idea why this is? Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere that switches to H if the LTE goes below a certain strength? With my Nexus 5 I never lose it so I am wondering also since I can set it as 4g only and keep service (but can't call out on LTE only setting) All help is appreciated.

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, are you using the *#*#4636#*#* menu? If so, which settings have you tried?

On my Sprint M7, we had a similar issue where it would work great with "LTE only" selected from the menu, but that would mean no calls or texts. "LTE, CDMA" would hold LTE longer than the default setting (CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto) and allow for calls/texts, but if we lost LTE, we'd be stuck with 1X data.

If you haven't yet, try the "LTE, WCDMA" setting.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk