[Q] Cannot change security level

16th April 2014, 08:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

303 posts
Since KitKat was pushed to my note 3, USB devices stopped working. EE informed me I needed to change the security level from high to normal. This did work but now security level is back at high and, when I set it to normal, it changes itself back to high. Any ideas how to get around this?
16th April 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #2  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 577

4,462 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiasma

Since KitKat was pushed to my note 3, USB devices stopped working. EE informed me I needed to change the security level from high to normal. This did work but now security level is back at high and, when I set it to normal, it changes itself back to high. Any ideas how to get around this?

Root phone...
Due to KK having new security policies to make it secure certain things have been killed in the process, like using my phone how I deem it should be used.....
16th April 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

303 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramag69

Root phone...
Due to KK having new security policies to make it secure certain things have been killed in the process, like using my phone how I deem it should be used.....

Thanks but rooting is not an option for me due to some sw I need to run.
30th April 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiasma

Thanks but rooting is not an option for me due to some sw I need to run.

I am having the same issue. phone refuses to change security level from high to normal. any solutions? ( I am not rooting atm).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank