Post Reply

[Q] Bricked Asus MeMo Pad ME172v

OP Alejo65

30th April 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Hi Everyone. You can't imagine how frustrated i am right now.
I was watching a movie, then suddently the Memopad went off. Since then, When I tried to turn it back on, It just shows the asus logo blinking on and off. Like on an infinite reboot cycle. And if i press the + and - volume keys at the same time, it will go into download mode. (An android with a workers helmet, and it says "Ready for Download")

So the thing is... is it possible to flash the stock rom from a pc to the tablet? Like when you use Odin on samsung phones. Because i tried with the hard reset file. It did not work, and obviously an update OTA is impossible

I'm going nuts about this!
30th April 2014, 04:21 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo65

Hi Everyone. You can't imagine how frustrated i am right now.
I was watching a movie, then suddently the Memopad went off. Since then, When I tried to turn it back on, It just shows the asus logo blinking on and off. Like on an infinite reboot cycle. And if i press the + and - volume keys at the same time, it will go into download mode. (An android with a workers helmet, and it says "Ready for Download")

So the thing is... is it possible to flash the stock rom from a pc to the tablet? Like when you use Odin on samsung phones. Because i tried with the hard reset file. It did not work, and obviously an update OTA is impossible

I'm going nuts about this!

hello alejo65, im sorry about your frustration. i have tried to look up a possible way to get back to stock on your device but all i seemed to have found is this https://www.mediafire.com/folder/23y...mu/ASUS-me172v im sure odin will not work with your memopad since its made for samsung devices only.
30th April 2014, 04:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

hello alejo65, im sorry about your frustration. i have tried to look up a possible way to get back to stock on your device but all i seemed to have found is this mediafire...] im sure odin will not work with your memopad since its made for samsung devices only.

Yes..I found that same link. But since there's no way to even get the bootloader I wouldn't know what to do with all those files.

I don't wanna give up on this one. The warranty has expired i think... Any other idea crossing your mind?
30th April 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo65

Yes..I found that same link. But since there's no way to even get the bootloader I wouldn't know what to do with all those files.

I don't wanna give up on this one. The warranty has expired i think... Any other idea crossing your mind?

might be able to send it to them for repairs, if you can only access download mode i dont think they can see if you rooted your device, is there a trip/flash counter?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank