Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,028 Members 38,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked Asus MeMo Pad ME172v

Tip us?

Alejo65
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bricked Asus MeMo Pad ME172v

Hi Everyone. You can't imagine how frustrated i am right now.
I was watching a movie, then suddently the Memopad went off. Since then, When I tried to turn it back on, It just shows the asus logo blinking on and off. Like on an infinite reboot cycle. And if i press the + and - volume keys at the same time, it will go into download mode. (An android with a workers helmet, and it says "Ready for Download")

So the thing is... is it possible to flash the stock rom from a pc to the tablet? Like when you use Odin on samsung phones. Because i tried with the hard reset file. It did not work, and obviously an update OTA is impossible

I'm going nuts about this!

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo65 View Post
Hi Everyone. You can't imagine how frustrated i am right now.
I was watching a movie, then suddently the Memopad went off. Since then, When I tried to turn it back on, It just shows the asus logo blinking on and off. Like on an infinite reboot cycle. And if i press the + and - volume keys at the same time, it will go into download mode. (An android with a workers helmet, and it says "Ready for Download")

So the thing is... is it possible to flash the stock rom from a pc to the tablet? Like when you use Odin on samsung phones. Because i tried with the hard reset file. It did not work, and obviously an update OTA is impossible

I'm going nuts about this!
hello alejo65, im sorry about your frustration. i have tried to look up a possible way to get back to stock on your device but all i seemed to have found is this https://www.mediafire.com/folder/23y...mu/ASUS-me172v im sure odin will not work with your memopad since its made for samsung devices only.
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)

Alejo65
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul View Post
hello alejo65, im sorry about your frustration. i have tried to look up a possible way to get back to stock on your device but all i seemed to have found is this mediafire...] im sure odin will not work with your memopad since its made for samsung devices only.
Yes..I found that same link. But since there's no way to even get the bootloader I wouldn't know what to do with all those files.

I don't wanna give up on this one. The warranty has expired i think... Any other idea crossing your mind?

Trozzul
Old
Thanks Meter 193

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejo65 View Post
Yes..I found that same link. But since there's no way to even get the bootloader I wouldn't know what to do with all those files.

I don't wanna give up on this one. The warranty has expired i think... Any other idea crossing your mind?
might be able to send it to them for repairs, if you can only access download mode i dont think they can see if you rooted your device, is there a trip/flash counter?
"Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
"How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
"You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

Motorola Moto X
Stock KitKat 4.4.4 XT1060
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Rom: Cyanogemod 11 (4.4.4) P5113

Asus Nexus 7
Stock (4.4.4) Broken Digitizer, any recommendations?
Both Stopped turning on for no reason
Nikon Coolpix s800c
Stock Gingerbread (2.3.3)