Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] New Note2 with 4.3 stock. Any chance to downgrade?

OP Starflex

27th April 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Hi there,

I've got my second N7100 , and it came with the JellyBean 4.3.

I recall the old good times, when the JB 4.1.2 was definitely faster....
The new mobile has never been rooted or upgraded (Knox 0x0), and I was wondering if there is any chance to succesfully downgrade it. I just did the same with a Galaxy S3 with full success and, even f I know they are two completely different devices, it lighted my hopes to do something similar with the Note too, hopefully without increasing the knox counter.

Some info from the current firm (4.3):
AP: N7100XXUEMK9
CP: N7100XXUEMJ9
CSC: N7100ITVEMK2

Downloaded firmware (4.1.2)
N7100XXDME6_N7100ITVDMF1_ITV

(it's an Italian device).

Any info, hope, recommendation?

Thanks!
28th April 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #2  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflex

Hi there,

The new mobile has never been rooted or upgraded (Knox 0x0), and I was wondering if there is any chance to succesfully downgrade it. I just did the same with a Galaxy S3 with full success and, even f I know they are two completely different devices, it lighted my hopes to do something similar with the Note too, hopefully without increasing the knox counter.

Thanks!

As far as i'm aware there is currently no hope of downgrading the Note 2 from 4.3 Knox has it locked up tight.
I hunted for a long time after I was seriously underwhelmed by 4.3 and the best I could find was saferoot to root with out tripping knox.
But then you have the problem that The 4.3 "upgrade" locked the bootloader down even tighter so you can't install a custom recovery to flash a 4.1.2 based rom.

All that said there has been some amazing work done by Hashcode and Beastmode I think, who have got Safestrap into a working beta for at least the Verizon Note2. This means you can flash 4.3 based roms for now. (but only the verizon note2 just now...I think)
So there is a bit of hope. I'm running a non network branded Note2 so keeping my eye on how things are going over in the Verizon camp.
28th April 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #3  
Flag nottingham
Thanks Meter: 294

1,241 posts
More
4.4.2 is available...why not flash that instead? Its a definite improvement over 4.3.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app
28th April 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #4  

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney73

4.4.2 is available...why not flash that instead? Its a definite improvement over 4.3.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium HD app

I'm tempted but the only way to root 4.4.2 just now WILL trip KNOX and I'm not psyched about that.
Also there's a good chance that the 4.4.2 boot loader is locked down tighter yet and we'll have to wait even longer for a work around.
I "upgraded" as soon as 4.3 was available only to find that I'd shot myself in the foot because of the change to the boot loader.
This is just personal opinion...I don't have any facts to back up the guess that the 4.4.2 boot loader is trouble...but I'm waiting for now.
29th April 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT4CK

I'm tempted but the only way to root 4.4.2 just now WILL trip KNOX and I'm not psyched about that.
Also there's a good chance that the 4.4.2 boot loader is locked down tighter yet and we'll have to wait even longer for a work around.
I "upgraded" as soon as 4.3 was available only to find that I'd shot myself in the foot because of the change to the boot loader.
This is just personal opinion...I don't have any facts to back up the guess that the 4.4.2 boot loader is trouble...but I'm waiting for now.

Good point: I have the same feeling and fear at the same time.

Before flashing the 4.4.2 I am waiting to read some positive comments, not olny based on a "first approach" enthusiasm (please let me pass this expression).
I was wondering if any Samsung service center can do the dowgrade, perhaps using some internal software / any ther things that they can use and it is not available for us, "mere mortals" ...
The Following User Says Thank You to Starflex For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #6  

15 posts
Hmm it's probably something that they COULD do but I don't think that they WOULD do it.
It depends on if they have a "point and shoot" Samsung flashing tool or if they could choose what version of bootloader and firmware to use separately.
Honestly I'm guessing though.
30th April 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starflex

Hi there,

Thanks!

Frist to root it. open usb debug...
this ATTACH FILE is the newest bootloader for note2 n7100..You can replace sboot.bin(find it form old rom...open it with 7zip)..
I didn't do downgrade to JB bootloader ...but.I downgrade to NA1 success...and upgrade to ND3 success.. you can have a try to downgrade bootloader.
Attached Files
File Type: rar ND3.rar - [Click for QR Code] (866.6 KB, 3 views)
30th April 2014, 07:19 PM   |  #8  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 23

108 posts
More
Is it possible to downgrade nd3 bootloader?

Careful about flashing bootloaders
30th April 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 22

100 posts
Don't flash anything you are not absolutely 250 % sure and wait patiently. Going up to 4.4x might block you even more without a chance to downgrade at all. Don't believe everything you read 4.4x it's a treat. .kit kat remember.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread