Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can no longer write to external SD (4.3)

Tip us?

neopolotin75
Old
Thanks Meter 222
I've gone through 6 San disk 64gb class 10 cards between my Note 2 and Note 3 with my last cropping out 2 weeks ago. San disk will replace your card and tell you to contact the phone manufacturer. I did that contacted Samsung...at 1st I got the run around but I was persistent and got a hold of a good tech support agent. Samsung phones have issues writing info to the 64gb class 10 cards. They are aware of the issue and are working on a fix as of 2-3months ago. He told me the will work fine. He said they don't recommend over 32gb and a class 4 card because of the stability issues of files being corrupted on class 10s particularly 64gb 1s. Funny thing is i called San Disk back and told them what i was told and asked for a 32gb lower class and he told me i could buy it buy they could only replace it with the same one i had. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to neopolotin75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

acdnykon
Old
Thanks Meter 4
You know this is not the first time that I've heard of this. I actually had a 10s 32Gig SanDisk micro that I ended up losing because of this problem with my Galaxy S3. I got to work one day and set my phone down on the desk and it just seeming stopped working. I don't know what it is with the 10 series cards but it seems like they all have some kind of problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to acdnykon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nickgordi
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks everyone for all the info. I guess I'll have to get another card and I'm going to be sure it's NOT another SanDisk.