Forums Added for the Oppo R5, Oppo N3, and Xiaomi Redmi Note

Just yesterday, Oppo unveiled a pair of rather unique smartphones, the Oppo … more

How to Play Music From Android Wear – XDA TV

Yesterday, we showed you how to do some advanced things with your Moto 360 quite easily … more

Google Updates Play Games, Wallet, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Google+, and Camera

While we haven’t really had much in the way of … more

Google Execs Talk to Ars About Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is right around the corner, and it’s expected to hit AOSP … more

[Q] Random app opens

OP openmindedguy

29th April 2014, 09:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hemel Hempstead
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Hi. Occasionally, and with no reason, apps will open on the screen. Often different ones. I close them and then another one will open. This has happened a few times and I can't trace a reason. Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing it and any solutions please? I spoke to HTC UK but no reason could be given. This is my second M8 and both have displayed this strange behaviour. I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's a strange and random phenomena.
29th April 2014, 11:12 PM   |  #2  
Just outside of Manchester UK
Thanks Meter: 160

525 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmindedguy

Hi. Occasionally, and with no reason, apps will open on the screen. Often different ones. I close them and then another one will open. This has happened a few times and I can't trace a reason. Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing it and any solutions please? I spoke to HTC UK but no reason could be given. This is my second M8 and both have displayed this strange behaviour. I love it, don't get me wrong, but it's a strange and random phenomena.

Need a little more info. As this is your second phone with the same behaviour it possibly suggests something you have done (unless you have two random phones)

Is the phone completely stock?

Is it:

S-Off
Unlocked
Rooted
Custom Recovery
Apps installed

Please give as much info as possible if you want people to help
30th April 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,764

2,366 posts
More
I bet you don't have a case on, am I right?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW
30th April 2014, 08:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hemel Hempstead

10 posts
More
case
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ManWolfePack

I bet you don't have a case on, am I right?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Yes, I have a flip case. An original I bought extra from HTC store. It also happened on the case that came with the phone. The issues occur with or with out the case.
Last edited by openmindedguy; 30th April 2014 at 09:09 PM.
30th April 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Hemel Hempstead

10 posts
More
Random app opening
Quote:
Originally Posted by grentuu

Need a little more info. As this is your second phone with the same behaviour it possibly suggests something you have done (unless you have two random phones)

Is the phone completely stock?

Is it:

S-Off
Unlocked
Rooted
Custom Recovery
Apps installed

Please give as much info as possible if you want people to help

Hi. Thanks for the reply and advice. It's Vodafone UK and has apps loaded (around 100). I set both phones up as new, i.e. not used the ransfer tool. I've done a factory reset on both phones. The rom is as it was out of the box (stock?). It's my second identical phone. I'm wondering if its an app causing the behaviour.
30th April 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #6  
Just outside of Manchester UK
Thanks Meter: 160

525 posts
More
I would do a factory reset and leave the apps off for a period and watch the phone. If it fails to happen install one at a time and leave a period between them

Laborious I know but at least you will find the offender. If it happens straight after the factory reset then its your phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread