Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,687 Members 39,899 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need advice from NYC members

Tip us?

madwakisbak
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question Need advice from NYC members

Hi guys,

I've been doing research but wanted to pose this question to everyone in this forum as well.

Thinking about making the switch over to T-Mobile from Sprint to test their network and see how I like it.

Unfortunately I'd have to get an HTC One capable of receiving the LTE signal so I'd have to swap phones (at least that's what I've seen online). Kind of a pain in the ass but whatever.

I just wanted anyone's opinion who has used T-Mobile in NYC/Queens and can tell me about their recent experience. I'm most concerned with building penetration which I've found to be pretty solid with Sprint (granted the data speeds suck).

Any input would really help. Love this phone but I might have to test a new network.

Thanks

nyjohn
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Ok so I made the switch six months ago from Verizon and I live in Queens, NY. I live in the first floor of an apt building and in the middle room I barely had 3G with Verizon, on my one I get at least 2 bars of lte. I have had no problems getting signal in Queens, I have even gone as far as Central Islip, LI and get lte, although in some areas I do drop to HSPA plus but get good signal. I have had no dropped calls or signal thus far. Really loving Tmobile and this phone. The only place that I can think off not getting signal would be in a basement maybe and ofcourse the subway.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nyjohn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metropical
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I've been on T-Mo for 3 years. Previously VzW and AT&T.
VzW is better in many places.
But I have no complaints about T-Mo coverage in NYC and LI.
Where there isn't any, I use the WiFi calling/data with no issues.
I can't imagine T-Mo wouldn't be better than Sprint.
"Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light."

Device: HTC One (M7), T-Mobile (US) S-Off
CID: T-MOB010 (PN0713000)
ROM: ViperOne 7
HBOOT 1.55
Build: 6.09.401.5
Kernel: 3.4.10
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.3

Previous Infestations HTC Sensation
ViperS 1.6.3
ELEGANCIA 4.1 v3.5
ARHD 6.8